Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to forum and read a few similar threads but not quiet same fault.

ok the fault started a few days ago i had the van up to its maximum weight going to london it started to loose power there was no throttle response it lasted a second or two and could not rev above 2000 then power came back but did it again three or four times. no smoke just lack of power. i thought it must be dirt in fuel and changed filter i removed lift pump from tank but all ok works fine and no muck in tank. i have since replaced the vacume solonoid and pipes but still no better i have just changed the mass air flow sensor still no better i have removed throttle there is slight wear inside but looks ok im now at a loss and its costing me a fortune trying to find this fault. it seems worse on rough road or going round roundabouts. any ideas please let me know could it be high pressure pump? or something else. van is 2002 hdi engine high mileage and until lately has ran perfect previous owner fitted new injectors last year. any ideas please im loosing hope on this... thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crank sensor

after another day of messing around with it i have not got any closer to a fix. does anyone know if these 2 litre diesels have a crank sensor if so where is it i cant seem to find one but seems to be a common fault on 406s also heard of someone changing an ecu relay? has anyone done this. there was a couple of wires corroded that were connected to the speedo drive on the gear box i repaired these in a vain hope it would fix it but nothing:(.
really stumped on this i could end up throwing a lot of cash at it and still not sort it. im self employed courier too so not earning money with it layed up hoping to get some fault codes on monday. id settle for a witch doctor right now to get rid of the bad ju ju anyone help? any ideas welcome :confused:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Your on the right track with the fault codes. Post them on here and we'll try to get you out of trouble. Ive bookmarked your post so will lookout for your reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have simular problem

Hi
ive got a similar problem on my boxer but I have a code come up P15BE which data reads when connected particle filter plug relay ! but that's it its been running fine only started playing up yesterday over 2000 revs it goes into limp mode engine management light comes on saying check engine but with out knowing where the relay is I have not got a clue ive changed all relays under the bonnet but I can not find any more to check. I'm just hoping like your self there is someone on here that's had the same problem. Did you ever find out the problem ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts