Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellows,

last summer i have bought a new Boxer, from day 1 there is a vibration when i drive arround 70km per hour.
Peugeot Netherlands told me, it a product habit with other words we can and will not do anything about it.

Is there anybody with the same problems????

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I would say wheel balance, driveshaft balance or flywheel balance. Its got to be one of them thats outside parameters. If its a design fault it could be resonance causing body drumming, ie the panels may have needed damping applied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Sterion75,
i am not an expert so please understand my s.... question(s).
if the balans is not right in one of these parts, is it normal then that the vibration is only arround 70 km/ph, gear doenst make any differance.

the dealer already changed tyres 2 times and switched the front and rear tyres.
is it easy to find out if the flywheel or driveshaft balance isnt good?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ask all you need, we all had to start some place. I think regarding the speed and gear not affecting things that its not engine related. The driveshafts can be checked by driving until the vibration starts and then disengage the clutch and let the engine idle to see if the vibration stops. If it does its engine orientated, if it continues its chassis/suspension orientated. I would press your dealer ship for a repair or refuse the vehicle I think, they have indicated themselves that the fault is known to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts