Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a bit of advise.

does anyone know how to get a code for a newish (Peugeot boxer/citron relay / fiat ducato) head unit.

we've just bought a second hand motor home (2013, boxer) and it's only got and FM radio with CD. We've seen a few DAB / bluetooth units on ebay.
Most of them say you need to get a code, but i can't find any website offering a decode on them.

I've previously fitted replacement units both after market and OEMs to fords, toyotas, rovers and VW without issue, but these seem to be "not direct wired" but via the CPU and we'd like to maintain the steering wheel controls.

I phoned the dealer and spoke to a woman who seemed to know less about cars and head units than i do.

Does anyone know if Peugot will give me a code (some of the ebay ones give the VIN of the donor vehicle).

I'd rather not flush 300 on an ebay junk unit.

many thanks for the advice.

· Registered
15,373 Posts
If you are fitting an aftermarket radio you dont need a code not sure what you mean to be honest

Boxer vans are more fiat than peugeot and the radios fitted originally will have a 4 digit code that peugeot will be able to get you.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for my lack of clarity

If you are fitting an aftermarket radio you dont need a code not sure what you mean to be honest

Boxer vans are more fiat than peugeot and the radios fitted originally will have a 4 digit code that peugeot will be able to get you.
Hi Thanks for the info.

So Ebay units are second hand OEM units, for which i can find an online unlocker option.

Seems to be a bit of chatter online about Peugot/fiat being a little awkward about giving out, OME codes that have been "donated" .

particularly those that don't come with the donating vehicles VIN number.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of getting a code for them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.