Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a peugeot boxer autosleeper, 2ltr petrol x-reg. It has this intermittent fault of cutting out when you are slowing down or stopping at junctions. Doesn't do it all the time but more often than not. Does it if hot or cold.
So far the throttle potentiometer and the idle control valve have been replaced and we've just replaced the spark plugs and ht leads. Had an incident where it wouldn't start so battery and starter replaced too.
None of this however has rectified the cutting out and also in the last couple of days has started to cut out on tick over. When slowing down/stopping at junctions it will cut out whether in gear or neutral. Noticed someone else had this problem 4 years ago but no comments on it, hoping someone might have some ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, just bought a peugeot boxer autosleeper, 2ltr petrol x-reg. It has this intermittent fault of cutting out when you are slowing down or stopping at junctions. Doesn't do it all the time but more often than not. Does it if hot or cold.
So far the throttle potentiometer and the idle control valve have been replaced and we've just replaced the spark plugs and ht leads. Had an incident where it wouldn't start so battery and starter replaced too.
None of this however has rectified the cutting out and also in the last couple of days has started to cut out on tick over. When slowing down/stopping at junctions it will cut out whether in gear or neutral. Noticed someone else had this problem 4 years ago but no comments on it, hoping someone might have some ideas.
Hi did you solve your problem ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appreciate this is very late but I think useful info for anybody having same problemm I had exactly same problem for2 years and no garage or mechanic able to fix. Today I resolved as simple as you like quite by chance.
under the drivers side dashboard there are three wiring loom connectors. I found that when I lightly moved one of them the engine cut out, similar to whilst driving. On further inspection the plastic cable connector tags that secure connectors two parts had perished and so the connection was not and presumably when vibrating connection lost. I don’t know what that part of loom connected but after I connected and secured with a cable Timmy problem for the past two years was resolved at no cost. (other than numerous garage/mechanic bills to investigate)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts