Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I just bought a boxer 2011 ex community ambulance at auction drove it home 80 miles without issue in fact she was going really well.
The health board had the van SORN'd so she has sat in my drive for about 3 week so I had to mot it Friday past but when I start it there was lots of blue smoke definitely oil smoke. I thought of stopping and parking up again but decided to drive it to the test. After about 5 mins driving the smoke stopped. I drove it about 12 miles to the test centre and the same back and no more smoke. So here's the question why? Thinking valve stem oil seals or possibly turbo however has anyone one here experienced anything like this? Engine is a 2.2 diesel I'm told it is a ford transit derivative
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A blown turbo oil seal tends to smoke all the time, getting worse as the system heats up, so probably not the cause here.
But, as reliable says, you will get better info on a ford/transit site as to issues with this motor. I have experience with the Iveco TD motors, unfortunately not with the transit ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts