Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how I get to the mounting nut on the Boxer's aerial base? I have tried removing the over windscreen shelf but there is a steel beam in the way of getting to the aerial. Do I have to strip the whole roof lining out so I can remove that beam or can I remove the over cab shelf and get in from above?

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks as long as I know that will work I will have to get it done it seems crazy to do so much work to get to one nut holding the aerial. My old Vauxhall you just had to unbolt one sun visor and the nut was behind the mounting.
As I drive on a lot of narrow lanes with overhanging trees my aerials all ways get battered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot Boxer hightop aerial

Thanks as long as I know that will work I will have to get it done it seems crazy to do so much work to get to one nut holding the aerial. My old Vauxhall you just had to unbolt one sun visor and the nut was behind the mounting.
As I drive on a lot of narrow lanes with overhanging trees my aerials all ways get battered.
Hi Dave, almost spot on, here's how. Remove all headlining handles and visors and overhead shelf, remove centre plastic divider (2 x 10mm hex), unclip the three or four push fit retaining clips using a flat bladed screwdriver or similar, remove side trims from cab, and lower the front of the head lining (no need to remove rear of headlining). Undo four small allen bolts retaining overhead parcel shelf. From the rear of the cab, remove the phillips screws retaining the rear of the overhead parcel shelf and remove the entire shelf.
Unbolt the antiroll bar from the front (2 x 10mm hex bolts), and you can now access the 10mm aerial retaining nut.
Took me three nights to suss this one out, and I'm at a loss why a manufacturer would make something likely to break during it's life so difficult to repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just replaced the wing mounted aerial on a 2003 Boxer campervan.
It took 1hr including internet searches. Didn't have to remove the wing.
Tools - hex key,torch, 1m string,sellotape,trimtool or fork,wire, glue.
I'd previously bought a replacement from ebay .. the seller said it was specifically for Boxers but it wasn't an exact match for the old one.
I removed the old aerial (but KEEP the bits .. I needed them).
Then I used a bit of wire to hook out the inside socket (attached to the cable from the radio).
I found something that would a) screw into the socket b) fit through the hole on the wing. I used a thin wooden drink stirrer from Costas (but a bit of bamboo or the right size twig will do).
I sellotaped a bit of string to the very end (easier to extract) of the stirrer and fed it down into the wing through the aerial hole.
Then I screwed it into the old socket on the end of the radio cable and pulled the socket back up to the hole using the string.
I then held the socket in place using the trimtool,put some unscrewed the stirrer , put a bit of evostik onto the new aerial screw-end and screwed it into the socket while holding the socket steady with the trimtool.
I had to use the outside socket/seat from the old aerial as the new one had a different fitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts