Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been covered before, if so apologies but any help would be appreciated.
I have the above which has been converted to a horsebox. As it is a LGV it is factory limited to 56mph. The problem is that the actual max speed it achieves is between 52 and 53mph. The speedo is showing just over 55mph so going by the speedo the speed is correctly limited but I know from following the vehicle and also from the number of lorries passing that actual speed is a lot lower which can in fact be dangerous on a motorway as very often we have HGV's bearing down on us as they are all travelling faster. What I am trying to establish is whether re calibrating the speedo would sort this cos the limiter is fed by the speedo or whether the limiter is getting information from elsewhere? There are companies which say they can remove the limiter which I do not want as we are carrying horses and this would be illegal, just want it calibrated correctly
Peugeot want to do a road test and charge me £140 just to see if they can help which I am not inclined to pay for if the answer is going to be no.

Many thanks for any help

·
Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Goto a DVSA authorized tacho center and ask them to do a speedo calibration.
That will help. The problem is that HGV's have their speedo calibrated regularly which is why most do the speed they are calibrated to. A wee tip, put the smallest tires you can legally get on it then get the calibration done then go back to the "normal" tires and then you will go 1 or 2 mph faster which is how trucks do 58 or 59 or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts