Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first of all i just want to say hello I am new to the forum so please be gentle :eek: i have just bought a boxer 2.5td 320 lwb 2000 with and exsiting fault in the previous owners own words:

VAN STARTS, RUNS AND DRIVES

ENGINE: WHILST THE VAN STARTS AND RUNS IT ONLY RUNS ON 3 CYLINDERS PESSURISING THE SUMP AND PUSHING OIL OVER AND OUT THE DIPSTICK. THE OIL IS NOT CONTAMINATED WITH WATER AND VICE VERSA THE WATER IS NOT CONTAMINATED WITH OIL. I SUSPECT THAT IT HAS PUT A HOLE IN A PISTON. I REITERATE THAT I SUSPECT THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM AS THERE ARE NO NASTY NOISES IT JUST RUNS ON 3 CYLINDERS PRESSURISING THE SUMP.

Could you guys and girls out there please give me your opinion what you think may be the problem i intend to check the compression on all cylinders and see where that takes me also can anyone tell me what size compression tool i need for this engine I believe it's a dj5t

any other suggestions please do not hesitate to add:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Firstly as I only just bought this made a bit of a boo boo it's not a turbo it's just a 2.5 dj5 engine right have done a compression test and cylinder one from the left is very low I have removed the head and camshaft as I was talking everything apart I dismantled the airfilter housing and it was drenched in oil in fact had to drain the housing off :mad: I filled the head with petrol there are signs of leakage on the 1st 3rd and fourth cylinder valves as for the cylinders themselves i did the same thing left the fuel in for half an hour and no leakage so I left it for another hour and still no leakage from any of the cylinders so I left it over night 1 3 and four had no fuel left in them but two still had a little fuel in it so?????? I have sent the the head to be resurfaced and the valves to be re seated is there anything else before I put it all back together and still have the same problem :eek::thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts