Peugeot Forums banner

Boxer 2007 water in engine

20K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  buccaneer 
#1 ·
I have a 4 week old motorhome on a Boxer chassis. Currently the injectors are sitting in a pool of water and are rusting away as we speak:mad: I have contacted Peugeot to no avail they say never heard of problem. Meantime my van has a rusting engine. The water seems to get in fromthe windscreen scuttle which is not sealed properly. Has anyone else come across this and if they have, has it been fixed and how?
Any advice on potential problems this might cause with the engine ie cutting out etc greatfully received.

#4 ·
Sorry Moose had totally forgotten you had replied earlier apologies:eek: I did mean to say van has been to Peugeot and they are saying damage is purely cosmetic and will only give it a spit and a polish:( Obviously I am not happy as it shouldn't be there and is only present due to manufacturing fault. I would like replacement of damaged items. Some are rusty beyond belief and I would not expect this in a now 6 week old engine. My 2 year old Fiat was in better nick before I traded it in:nono:
Here hopefully is the HP pump.

Attachments

#7 ·
the moose said:
It may only be cosmetic to them,the fact remains that the water shouldnt be there in the first place. Its a bad day when a fiat is better built. There must be a plug or a seal missing at the bulkhead.
Apparently it is something to do with the windscreen scuttle. We have taken the step of rejecting the van. The Fiat X250 has exactly the same problem as this. Just wish they would just replace the affected parts and be done with it.

#8 ·
diydoolittle said:
Apparently it is something to do with the windscreen scuttle. We have taken the step of rejecting the van. The Fiat X250 has exactly the same problem as this. Just wish they would just replace the affected parts and be done with it.

Good luck with trying to get peugeot to accept this as there fault,please let us know how you get on.

#12 ·
Reject your van!!! Is it a motorhome? If so a search around the previous links homepage will bring up many threads on the water ingress problem. Also Fiat are trying to do something to their vans fitting some sort of protective cover over engine. Will try to post links later

#16 ·
Hi,

I'm due to take delivery of a new Peugeot based motorhome. Based on my experience with my last one (now sold) I was concerned to hear of a possible water ingress issue. I believe that the issues are :
a) Water running down the windscreen into the engine bay due to gap between scuttle and glass,
b) Water running down the windscreen into the engine bay due to foam and gap between two halves of scuttle,
c) Water running into the engine bay - a hole at each end not ducted
I've raised a Peugeot customer care issue because I want to be sure that it will be dealt with. I don't want to have to argue for my rights after delivery. Buccaneer - I wonder if some 'duck' tape + plastic sheet applied to the bottom of the windscreen (only while parked) might help prevent further damage while Fiat & Peugeot sort out the problem?

#17 ·
From a purely personal point of view I would tell you to INSPECT it within an inch of its life and take a large watering can or similar with you to do a water test. Beware they may have cleaned up any areas of rust before you take delivery. They DO know there is a huge problem and are doing nothing!! If I were in your position and I seriously wish I was I would NOT take delivery at all until it was proved your van does NOT suffer from this problem. Unfortunately if you do you will be in the same position as the rest of us waiting for a fix that just is not happening:(
Please see threads on this problem and you will see how many of us are affected and what little progress has been made. many of us (me included) are rejecting our vans. Mine is now 8weeks old. The whole thing is a disgrace. Explorer who built our motorhome are hiding in their ivory tower, apparently unaffected by serious customer dissatisfaction.
I have just seen on motorhome facts that th apparent 'fix' has failed again.

My dealer fix just failed... Any fix that involves silicone sealer is doomed to failure because the silicon doesn't stick to the plastic guttering - My fix would have been better if they had drilled a small self tapper through the two halves to keep them tight.

Please read all threads on www.motorhomefacts.com

#19 ·
diydoolittle said:
This is exactly what happens to my van when it rains:eek:
Thanks to christopherobin on motorhomefacts for this. Note this is a Fiat but exactly the same happens with Peugeot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9un3PN2lia4

Just watched the video,this problem is worse than i thought,have any of you posted on the fiat forum? There are several Fiat technicians who participate regularly,maybe one of them could offer some advice.

http://www.fiatforum.com/

#20 ·
the moose said:
Just watched the video,this problem is worse than i thought,have any of you posted on the fiat forum? There are several Fiat technicians who participate regularly,maybe one of them could offer some advice.

http://www.fiatforum.com/
Yes it is on there, Fiat are uncommonly quiet on the subject, as are Peugeot. In other words they are not prepared to comment or help, funny that:(

#22 ·
Neither Fiat or PSA are well known for there after sales service. Have any of you contacted citizens advice? Here are some fiat contacts

Giulio Salomone is the managing director
Rob Calver is after-sales director (he is on a mission to restore customer confidence so he may be a good first contact)
Peter Newton is public relations director (would be my second choice)

the director's postal addresses are at
Fiat House,
240 Bath Road
Slough,
SL1 4DX

you can address a letter with any director's name and they should receive it.

failing that you can email a director using [firstname].[lastname]@fiat.com

if that doesnt work, telephone Fiat UK's Chairman Richard Gadeselli on 020 7724 1245. he's down at Marble Arch Tower in London

12th Floor
Marble Arch Tower
55 Bryanston Street
London
W1H 7AA

#24 ·
the moose said:

Wish it was!!!! However definately not yet, Pug still insisting cosmetic and not only that have further come up with this little gem, '' water ingress to the engine can occur during normal usage and because of condensation'' Our van now has a stutter on acceleration, however when pug looked at it they did not send a mechanic just someone to take pictures, currently awaiting outcome of this. Have further noted that on the right of the engine as you look at it is a drain hose which comes off the scuttle and presumably is supposed to drain water down through engine and out of harms way, however it is HIGHER than the lowest point of the scuttle. So water settles at the lowest point which is at the bit on the windscreen where there is the join which then leaks like a sieve. Water does not flow uphill so that drain is useless. Seriously you would have thought they would have noticed that :eek:

#25 · (Edited)
I read a few posts on the MHF site there is a chap there GerryD[sounds like a rapper DJ name:D ] He seems to be able to get through to his dealer who give him loads of info and are going to give him his fix.
I have run out of posts there they want a £10 to join can anyone anyhow find out whose his dealer is:confused:

#26 ·
Just a quick update on this!! Still waiting for Peugeot to fix this problem, first reported to them over 2 months ago!! Apparently there will be a full VOSA safety recall for various items including, steering rack, windscreen wiper motor and others. Peugeot have been appallingly bad at saying anything at all about this and I would not be surprised if they are still saying it is cosmetic. Funny how they are fitting an engine cover then when they say the water will cause no problem!!!
I am sick of them and if I could get rid of the van I would!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.