Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster (actually only joined today)

I'm having problems with my 2000 boxer mwb 2.5 non turbo, i actually have a few problems with it but this one is driving me up the wall, along the ceiling and back down the other side!!

I have air in my fuel system, the problem has got gradually worse over the last 6 months but has got really bad since i changed the glow plugs. After reading many forums which have details of the same or similar problems i have definately narrowed it down to fuel pressure. When i start it in a morning it cuts out after 10 seconds at best. I can then hear a gurgling noise which is obviously air bubbles in the fuel system, however if i pump the priming bulb until the engine has warmed up, it doesnt cut out. I have just now changed the fuel filter and the problem persists. I have heard that this is quite a common fault/problem and was wondering if anyone could point me into the right direction. Im a builder, not a mechanic but i try and do most of my work on my vehicles that i can.

Hope you can help

·
Registered
586 Posts
A new priming bulb may help but on a 2000 there is no 2.5 or a primer bulb. You might have a pre 1999 registered late but technical parts says no 2.5 but other sites state there is. If the bulb is onto of the fuel filter then these have caused problems before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts