Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2005 307cc and when I started the car last night it made 2 loud beeps and a message flashed on the display which said Bow Fault.

The only problem I have had recently is that about 2 days ago the multi disc changer stopped working and prior to that a few weeks a go in the very cold weather the car struggled to start but did eventually, everything still worked although the time and date had reset to zero.

I have read about resetting the BSI but don't feel confident doing that myself so was wondering if anyone can recommend somebody reliable in the Wakefield area who I could take the car to.

Any other ideas of what it might be would be appreciated

Thanks
Karen

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe this is something to do with the roof ECU.

The car needs a Peugeot diagnostic to understand the exact issues before speculating further. However you are indeed right, a BSI reset can sometimes cure the issue.

There is a tutorial on the site here if you look up "BSI reset". If you feel you are not confident, hopefully someone closer to your location can take a look as a favour.

C

·
0 Posts
This is all going to point back at a tired 8 year old battery in need of replacement. A reset is going to temporarily mask the problem, not cure it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks chopper

I will get the battery replaced but i have heard that its not straight forward as the BSI has to be reset, is this true and if it is would it be the main dealer that has to do it

·
Registered
343 Posts
thanks chopper

I will get the battery replaced but i have heard that its not straight forward as the BSI has to be reset, is this true and if it is would it be the main dealer that has to do it
The BSI does not need to be reset in order to change the battery, more it will happen anyway as the power is disconnected.

You just need to ensure the car doors are all shut fully and no internal electrical equipment is running before you disconnect the battery. Leave the drivers side window open in order to access the ignition without opening the door.

Leave the car for 5 mins so the ECU values are stored and then disconnect the battery and replace.

EDIT; As much as chopper is probably right, I have seen 307cc with roof ECU faults and this is the reason for the bow fault. If you change the battery and the error still resides, I would get a diagnostic.

Matt

C

·
0 Posts
Matt's right, the roof ECU is problematic and shouldn't be discounted, but the other problems such as the poor starting and dicky CD player are indicative of something else. The roof ECU won't cause starting problems, and the BSI will stop the stereo as a whole working, it can not just selectively affect the CD changer.

It all points to fluctuations in the electricity supply, which combined with the cold temperatures and cars age lead us to a reasonable conclusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Chopper
Just to let you know ive had my car in the garage for the last 2 days having various jobs done. One of which was having a new battery fitted and so far so good. No warning messages on the dash and my disc changer is now working perfectly as are all the electrics :thumb: The car is running like a dream. Thanks for your help.
Karen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts