Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bow Fault on my Peugeot 307 cc. Does anyone no why this is showing and how I can fix the problem without spending a small fortune (that I cannot afford).
Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Never heard of such a warning on the 307. Are you sure it says that?
What year model is it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 03 plate. Yeah definitely says Bow Fault. I've also recently had trouble with my small rear windows none of the switches work. Even the switch in the middle that lowers all windows together, only lowers the front windows. They don't even go down when putting the roof down. I've checked the fuses but they are ok from what I can see. Any ideas on that too

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it plugged into a computer but they had no idea what the code meant. The fault code was P2F40.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had this before on a 307cc

Have you had the battery disconnected at all ? or any electrical work carried out? Radio replacement etc

I bought a salvage 307cc and it had this fault , I had to do a BSI Reset to clear it and make everything work. I also cleared faults on the BSI and drivers door with Planet.

BSI Reset first then plug in to clear fault codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had this before on a 307cc

Have you had the battery disconnected at all ? or any electrical work carried out? Radio replacement etc

I bought a salvage 307cc and it had this fault , I had to do a BSI Reset to clear it and make everything work. I also cleared faults on the BSI and drivers door with Planet.

BSI Reset first then plug in to clear fault codes.
Yeah I think the battery was disconnected when I had a new clutch fitted. How do i do a BSI reset.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Did the fault emanate after the clutch was replaced? Definitely try Reset first and then get it plugged into Peugeot Planet.

Look on the Planet Map under the Maintainance section to find who is closest to you with Planet Diagnostics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did the fault emanate after the clutch was replaced? Definitely try Reset first and then get it plugged into Peugeot Planet.

Look on the Planet Map under the Maintainance section to find who is closest to you with Planet Diagnostics.
Thanks. Will try the BSI reset. What is a Peugeot Planet. And what do I do with it. When I've done the reset , do I need to have a computer connected to clear the fault or will the fault clear itself after the reset

·
Registered
481 Posts
In my case the fault cleared and the roof and windows worked but the original fault was stored so I cleared it with Peugeot Planet (diagnostic computer)

Go into the maintainable section and look for Planet Map , someone near you will be a member on here and will have the equipment to do it.

Try the Reset and let us know if it worked :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi. Sorry for not replying sooner. I did the BSI reset and nothing happened. Now the roof switch doesn't work at all. It doesn't even light up like it used to. Would that be just a faulty switch or loose wires?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts