Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a very rusty pug that only fires on on two cylinders, there is obvious damage to one coil on the coil pack so am going to replace the pack. Any other things I should check?
On the topic of rust, is the shell the exact same as a “Zest” trim level? As I am hopefully going to cut the rust out and hopefully straight replace with the panels from a “zest”.
Any other tips, advice or tricks with anything to do would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
8,440 Posts
Most body panels are the same. The coils fire as a pair with one firing an exhaust stroke wasted spark.

So if one is damaged there is a good chance its stopped it pair firing as well hence running on two cylinders

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most body panels are the same. The coils fire as a pair with one firing an exhaust stroke wasted spark.

So if one is damaged there is a good chance its stopped it pair firing as well hence running on two cylinders

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Thanks very much mate, I’m new to any sort of Peugeot and this is the biggest project I’ve taken on so any help is amazing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're only running on two cylinders you may find your lambda (oxygen) sensor has been liberally coated in carbon by the unburned fuel in a hot manifold. That is if you've even been able to get it to turn over...

Deffo replace that coil pack. While you're delving around in there clean your throttle body and stepper, and whip your MAP sensor out and clean that to - they'll be crusty as. It's common for the throttle stepper to get crusted up and you'll have problems cold starting, or idling too fast, as it gets stuck.

While you're doing body work check out the mounts for the front seats and the mounts for the handbrake bolts. They tend to fracture and need welding.

Adding some extra acoustic insulation to the doors wouldn't go amiss too, there's not a lot there. I'm considering adding some to mine. Maybe a few extra layers of carpet in the boot too... The Indy is very much a tin box on wheels, and sounds like it too. I wouldn't change her for the world though ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just stumbled across this wonderful document all about the Bosch M7.4.4 ECU. I now know far too much about how my little indy thinks and works. It details every aspect of the ignition and what sensors affect what aspect of it in what way. Invaluable for diagnostics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts