Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a xline 4spd auto from www.mjmotorsbelfast with 82000 on the clock.

Please help me with a couple questions.
Other than it needing the passenger door lock plastic clip already mentioned, it needs a rear left light. Anyone have one, or any idea on how to spend to buy one?

Also, couple times driving down from Bfast, the tye pressure monitor alert came on saying not monitoring any tyre pressures. What does this mean, and why the alert?

Can used to be owned by a Mr M Clements of Ballymena, anyone know him?

This is a lovely driving car and very clean inside.

Going to either go for Warrantywise or warrantydirect Warranty for it.
Warrantywise is Quentin Wilson's approved company.
Warranty Direct is Honest John's so not sure which to go for.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ebay for the light.

Sounds like the tyre pressure sensors have been removed which is a good thing as they cause nothing but problems and are the most stupid invention known to man so i wouldnt worry about the warning message though if it bothers you you can get it turned off with planet

BTW nice lookin 407 in what i think is the best colour too

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going in for full service tomorrow £190 for all filters + oil + Full vehicle health check. Donnelly Group in Derry are doing it.

I think I was diddled a bit. The pics online do not show a busted read left tail light, and it's £50 to get another one. Dealer says the tail light was always broken. I guess it's buyer beware really.

I must try torrens in Ballymoney to see if he has a rear light cheaper.

Looks like I will be epoxying it for a little while.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aw Man! There was a tail light for £20 brand new, and I asked the guy a Q about it cos it looked like it was cracked, by the time he replied someone else had bought it :(
Next cheapest £44 incl postage, bought.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Aw Man! There was a tail light for £20 brand new, and I asked the guy a Q about it cos it looked like it was cracked, by the time he replied someone else had bought it :(
Next cheapest £44 incl postage, bought.
Its a five year old car. Buy the second hand one

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it for £3150 + my old Rover(worth about £500). I bought a Parkers 3yr warranty for another £225.
It's going to cost £245 to tax it, and £190 for a main service.
I had to buy that rear lens on EBAY for £44.
I have to try to get a plastic part for the passenger door.
The Windscreen looks as if it is scratched bottom right just out of direct vision, like someone was writing Z's on it.

So > £4000 in total.

When should I change the timing belt?
Anyone got any service manuals for this car, free?

Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Still not bad for £4k.

£245 to tax..... what tax group is that in? My 2.0HDI costs £165.. how come the increase?

I asked about timing belt with Peugeot, and they told me 160k miles or 10yrs... but I don't think I'll be leaving it quite that long.

By service manuals, do you mean the Haynes type? cos if so, Haynes don't write one for the 407.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean any kind of service manuals, I had the haynes for the 406, and the proper service manual on the computer for the rover.
The 407owners seems to sell service manuals, has anyone bought these and are they any good?
My car is an automatic (and oh so smooth and quiet ) so the co2 is higher.

·
5,071 Posts
do you know about 'servicebox' if not type it into the search bar and register,remember to change the language to english, just use the free bit and make up a business name (everyone seems to), gives loads of info for example,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts