Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
58 plate E7, one for reliable406 perhaps???? As above need to replace the large round engine mount, actually it's more like a steady bar mount. It's the one at the bottom of the engine that goes from the engine to the subframe, at the back of the engine...is there an easy way of doing this without having to remove all the gubbins eg hub, driveshaft etc etc? Can the mount be removed and new one replaced in situ?

This guy:-

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have succeeded in replacing that bush in situ,but I did not consider it to be a very profesional method,a big hammer!!
If the center rubber of the old bush has been destroyed thats a start,get rid of it.Carefully put a saw cut in the outer metal part of the bush and then knock it out of the ally bracket.
Clean up housing and new bush and hammer it in.Mind you it all depends on how much hammering it needs.Common sense is required or you will damage the new bush or even crack the ally .Make up some sort of protector for the new bush? that sort of thing?
I`m quite sure there is a demon puller available somewhere??

The correct way is to remove the driveshaft and ally mounting bracket and do the job in a press.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts