Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a few threads on bottom ball joint replacement, most seem to be for 407 though

Had mine flagged as advisory on mot so i'm going to swap them before they become a fail

Has anyone got a definitive walkthrough, is it a full hub off jobby, special tools, time required etc etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
Need a 40mm Deep reach socket. Can get them off ebay.

Its a full HUB off jobby.

Did mine a few months back and the bottom joints would not split. Had to take the HUBs and arms off together, heat the joints with oxy and then used a fork splitter on them.

Hopefully they're not all like that but allow yourself plenty of time just in case they're anything like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Done mine sunday. Left my hub on just took drive shaft off and tied it up. Couldn't shift it with a socket or ring spanner so resorted to the brute strength approach and whacked them off with a chisel and hammer. They came off sweet as a nut. Also broke my spiltter :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys

Guess i'll have to give myself a huge time budget for these, knowing what my car is like everything will be wedged and tight and impossible to shift! :(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stubbo

are they the same as the 407 ie frip joints? if so i did mine on the 407 with trem1's instructions and had to use a dremmel to cut off the race etc as i couldnt get a puller or splitter in the gap to remove it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not too sure i'm afraid colin,

I think I've underestimated this though as I have no idea what a splitter is (or why its needed)

I refuse to go to a garage though, so its time to learn! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I think I've underestimated this though as I have no idea what a splitter is (or why its needed)

Just lash it off with a hammer and chisel. They usually come off with one or two whacks.

Sent from my GT-S5690

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just lash it off with a hammer and chisel. They usually come off with one or two whacks.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Now that's the type of mechanics I can understand :lol:

I shall goggle up and go to town on them!

Cheers all

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Stubbo

this is a Ball joint Splitter

MAC Tools Ball Joint Splitter | eBay

Bit like a big chisel but easier to locate when hitting with a big weighted stick :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I've broke a few of those splitters in my time......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts