Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my bottom ball joint has some play in it I am looking to change it myself however I don't own a socket big enough my question is do any of you guys know what size socket I need to buy.
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi my bottom ball joint has some play in it I am looking to change it myself however I don't own a socket big enough my question is do any of you guys know what size socket I need to buy.
Thanks
It's by far not an easy job, if I remember right it's a 32mm deep socket, it's also crimper, so if your old one is dirty and rusty, you're going to struggle to see or find the crimp, you'll need a hammer and chisel to take that out before you can undo the old one, the crimp is there to stop it from working itself loose or turning over time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 32mm spanner and was no where near right size it was at least 10mm smaller but I have nothing bigger than 32.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for reply I will try stilsons as I already have those
hardest bit of the job is trying to stop the strut turning once the bottom arm is disconnected :)

I had crowbars and all sorts jammed in about the hub and wedged against the subframe to stop it turning. other option is remove the hub or strut and try it on a vice/bench ..a second pair of hands will make it easier good luck :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All complete
I put joint back into hub with just enough room for stilsons to fit in it also stops stilsons slipping big bar on end and pull slow but done
Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts