Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, please help, I have just brought my misses a non runner 307 1.6hdi. The person who I brought it off said he changed the cam belt, tried to start it, no luck, found no diesel in common rail, so put another pump on it. Still didnt start so put it up for sale. I turned it over, and even though it span over, didnt trust that the cam belt had been timed correctly, so removed the head and had it re-worked. All ok. I have tried to start with a breath of easy start and tried pumping the bulb on the engine, and even though I can hear fluid moving, the bulb doesn't get hard ( this was before stripping engine). Dash says economy mode and windows wont work now, did for a short time, but now stuck down, but I guess they will go away when engine starts. Any help appreciated. Jon :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh god really, she really liked it aswell, shape colour etc. I brought PP, but that has shown no problems, how do I check cam crank ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is the central locking working?

If yes, hold the lock button down, it should cause the windows to auto close.

Sorry I can't help much more :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it help any, its a 2005 1.6 hdi 90k on clock and 1 owner from new, I know it doesnt really matter the owner status, but also have a load of history.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Central locking is working, but not sure I want windows to close yet, just in case, is in garage so doesnt matter that thaey are open. Thanks though

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Power up planet go into parameters readings parameters 1 and tell us what it says for cam and crank sync fuel pressure measured and cranking speed.

Reading codes does not help much with these you need live data while cranking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment, will be a little difficult as I have it all stripped down, while it was stripped thought I would check diesel pump as not sure if the correct one is fitted. If I have a diesel priming pump bulb, should it be a siemens or a bosch unit? Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
The pump should match the injectors I think most are bosch on these.

I believe they all have a priming bulb.

The bosch or siemens debate over priming bulbs only applys to the bigger engines im sure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's answered that then, it should be a Bosch, I am therefore assuming there wont be a pump in the tank, due to the fuel bulb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, thought that, it's just this is sending me around in circles :eek:. Anyway, now pump is off, might as well have it checked. Will let you all know what the outcome is, unless there are other ideas, but will definitely give you data when its rebuilt anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, eventally, I have put the engine back together. Things I have done
1. had head reworked ( although it was ok)
2. had injectors tested ( ok )
3. New head gasket kit and bolts
4. Diesel pump tested (ok)
5 new injector seal kit to all injectors

Have tried to start it, nothing, not even on a splutter on easy start. Have put it into PP and given these readings on cranking.

RPM 151
Cam/Crank sync yes
Fuel 353
ref fuel 337

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Those readings tell me you have good enough fuel pressure but possibly too low cranking speed for it to start as betty says check immobiliser faults first but if all looks ok then stick a rope on it and tow it in gear might just need a wake up call :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Little update, as you all know, I brought this as a non runner, and have stripped and had all checked, all seemed ok. 1 thing that did cross my mind was the head bolts didnt seem tight when I stripped it off, anyway after putting it back together and having no luck, I worried I had timed it incorrectly, so i p.m'ed DAVIDIRELAND, who answered my question. Off came the covers and I checked the timing, only to find I was 2 teeth out on the cam timing :nono:. I reset all the timing and tried to start, no luck, so i gave it a little easy start, chug chug chug, battery went flat. After a big set of leads and a van ticking over, I tried again, chug chug, more easy start and eventually it fired on 1 cylinder, then 2 3 and 4 came into play....... followed by a smoke screen of white smoke, guess I had pumped unburnt diesel into exhaust. Anyway eventually smoke cleared ( well still clearing) and starts first time every time off the key, also all functions have come back, radio windows etc.

can I say a massive THANKS to David, without his help I would have been chasing my tail for ever and a day.

What a fantastic community, if ever anyone is in the Wolverhampton area and needs the use of PP2000 then please only ask, will be pleased to help, thanks to all for their help on this one has given me faith in the general public :D:lol::thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts