Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Boot Wouldnt unlock on my Dad's 407, I Followed the Sticky and climbed inside and opened from the Inside.

As Expected there were 2 Broken Wires, Orange and Earth, did a simple Solder and tape with an extra couple of bits of wire and all working fine when I tested, I could hear it unlocking using the Key Fob and the Button in the 0.

Heres where i'm having problems, as soon as the boot is shut it stops working, pressing the keyfob or the button in the 0 does nothing, I climb inside and open it and then press either and I can hear the mechanism start working again. I can actually see the mechanism work while the boot is open, if I use a screw Driver to close the latch so it appears that the boot is shut, the mechanism stops working

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi, Boot Wouldnt unlock on my Dad's 407, I Followed the Sticky and climbed inside and opened from the Inside.

As Expected there were 2 Broken Wires, Orange and Earth, did a simple Solder and tape with an extra couple of bits of wire and all working fine when I tested, I could hear it unlocking using the Key Fob and the Button in the 0.

Heres where i'm having problems, as soon as the boot is shut it stops working, pressing the keyfob or the button in the 0 does nothing, I climb inside and open it and then press either and I can hear the mechanism start working again. I can actually see the mechanism work while the boot is open, if I use a screw Driver to close the latch so it appears that the boot is shut, the mechanism stops working

Any Ideas?
wire broken in more than one place maybe, dry/bad solder joint

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops

Sorry for the wasted post folks, I used a length of Black wire to entend those already there, turns out I soldered them back to front! Earth to orange and Vice Versa....IDIOT:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts