Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot 5008 1.5 BlueHdi EAT8
126 Posts
I guess you need a pair of new Tailgate Boot Gas Struts. I replaced recently mine for my 2004 Peugeot 307 with some aftermarket brand, they were very cheap and work great! Original ones may cost a fortune :geek:

·
3,871 Posts
I guess you need a pair of new Tailgate Boot Gas Struts. I replaced recently mine for my 2004 Peugeot 307 with some aftermarket brand, they were very cheap and work great! Original ones may cost a fortune :geek:
Yep as above....shop around for the gas struts..easy to fit as well..

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Just make sure any non genuine ones are the same Nm rate as the originals.

Bloke I worked with fitted a pair to his daughters 307 SW - he matched the length up & borrowed them from the parts cupboard.

Unfortunately for her they where acquired via his work & rated at 1000Nm each as they where meant for a forklift - nearly took her head off when she opened the tailgate for the first time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi , I’ve got a18 reg 5008 , boot opens fine but won’t stay up , any ideas , thanks
Just make sure any non genuine ones are the same Nm rate as the originals.

Bloke I worked with fitted a pair to his daughters 307 SW - he matched the length up & borrowed them from the parts cupboard.

Unfortunately for her they where acquired via his work & rated at 1000Nm each as they where meant for a forklift - nearly took her head off when she opened the tailgate for the first time.
ive found some on ebay £42.54 for a pair , you send them your reg and they check they’re the right ones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts