Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0 307 estate 2003. I am currently unable to open the boot, central locking is working fine and i have managed to open the boot from the inside after reading the users manual. Any solutions to opening normally?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am going to guess that there is a bit of broken, bent or worn plastic causing this problem. My knowledge of the locking system on your 307 is non existant but I have generally found door latch problems to be caused by plastic wearing or breaking.

I can only suggest opening the door from the inside, then taking it all apart and checking to see how it is meant to work, and find out what is not working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ay up,
I fixed this problem about a year ago.
The mechanism consists of a electric switch, motor and catch. When you press the handle on the boot it closes the switch, turning on the motor and moving the catch. Unfortunately the switch is prone to getting dirt inside and stopping it from working. The switch costs about £20 and it quite easily changed. You have to remove the plastic on the boot lid to get to the lock and switch. Its all explained i the haynes manual (has been my life saver a few times). I suggest if you replace the switch, insert a piece of plastic shopping bag between the switch and the handle. This should stop any dirt getting in. Not had a problem since.

G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts