Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow owners , today I found my boot well wet , one thing I hate is a damp car so decided to see if I could fix it . I know it was not from my lights so removed the side trim and got the hose on it to see if I could find the leak . Sure enough water slowly started leaking in , it seemed to be comeing from a seam . So removed the rear lights and bumper and found the seam just below the 10mm nut behind the rear lamp ( offside ) . I blew it out with compressed air and put a skim of rtv sillacone sealant as a temporary fix until I could get seam sealer from work , also as a precaution I did the other side .

Hope this helps any owners that may have the same issue ?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok ....

just check my boot and its wet again ... any one know any other areas it could be leaking from

·
12,810 Posts
Empty the boot of all plastic and carpet liners, get inside with a torch and get someone to spray the back with a hosepipe.

See my similar thread on the 307 boot leak.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Not sure if applicable to you but there should be two rubber stoppers on the boot lid, screw it in half a turn to a full turn... might be just the boot seal that's compressed over the years :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts