Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Iv recently rented a 308 for a long term rental and i can't find the boot/trunk release.
m talking about the one in the car usually accessible from the drivers seat

Please help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is outside on the boot, small switch between reg's lights..
Thanks but I know where that one is.
I'm taking about when your sitting in the car. Every other car I've ever driven has a button or level to open the boot. Same as you would for the Bonnet

·
Registered
978 Posts
No other method that I've discovered in two years of driving!.

There is an emergency method of opening the boot/tailgate but that involves crawling into the back and poking a thin screwdriver through a small hole.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thanks but I know where that one is.
I'm taking about when your sitting in the car. Every other car I've ever driven has a button or level to open the boot. Same as you would for the Bonnet
The 308 just doesn't have an internal tailgate release.

If you want to open the tailgate go round the back to the tailgate & press the release button to open it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thinking further about this an internal release button just doesn't seem to be a PSA thing. My 2013 C5 doesn't have one. Neither did the predecessors of our current cars, a 2001 Xsara and a 2003 C5.

Are there any PSA models (either current or recent past) that had an internal release?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All.
Strange to find a car that doesn't have another way to open the boot.
( Excluding picking a hole with a screw driver )
But I appreciate the responses.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Well you need to go round to the back & lift the tailgate up to put anything in the boot anyway, I don't see the point in an internal boot release button when there's a perfectly good useable one on the tailgate already.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What's the point of releasing the boot from inside the car? You still have to go out and open it, you might as well release it from outside.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you remain in the car and your other half returns to the car with bags of shopping, a little button to open the boot would be handy......just 1 example. But for it to be effective, the boot struts would need to be strong enough to open the boot fully.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What's the point of releasing the boot from inside the car? You still have to go out and open it, you might as well release it from outside.
it has loads of points, for example usually i am waiting in my car while my wife shopping, so let say it's raining, she got 2 shopping bags, i can open the boot from inside and she can just drop the bags and go in the car without opening the boot. ive had it on some other cars and it is ok. or unlock it from remote control .. yeah, nice feature but can live without it

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can see the point in having a boot release inside as I got caught out once with my Peugeot 307cc got out of car to get my wallet out of my jacket in the boot and shut boot lid down with keys sitting in boot grrrr. Tried to open the boot by pushing the button on the boot guess what didn’t open grrrr . Had to ring my wife to bring a spare key out. Wouldn’t of minded but I was sat next to a fuel pump at tesco.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts