Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a boot tray for the car when it arrives so we can keep that area clean and free from dog hairs and any other kinds of marks from my fishing gear. Ive done some investigating and a lot of places have numerous types but the sites I've been on don't make it that clear about which one is which and the prices also change between them.

I think ideally I want one for when the boot floor is in the upper position, can anyone help to identify the right one?

·
Registered
765 Posts
stoneacre have them online. I bought the one you are after. I didn't think it was worth the money though as it is a very thin and cheap feeling foam, a bit like the stuff you might pack something with. In comparison I bought an aftermarket one for our 508GT off amazon and that is a proper rubber.

This is the one. It fits ok but has gaps to the left and right which are a bit dissapointing considering it is oem.

https://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.u...y-soft-heated-formed-2017-onwards/P1616872080

·
Registered
226 Posts
stoneacre have them online. I bought the one you are after. I didn't think it was worth the money though as it is a very thin and cheap feeling foam, a bit like the stuff you might pack something with. In comparison I bought an aftermarket one for our 508GT off amazon and that is a proper rubber.

This is the one. It fits ok but has gaps to the left and right which are a bit dissapointing considering it is oem.

https://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.u...y-soft-heated-formed-2017-onwards/P1616872080
I bought the same one, as you say it's not worth the money, it also doesn't fit properly (mine is not shaped like the one in the picture) I am convinced that the part number/image is wrong and it is meant for a previous model. I have kept it though as it just about does the job I want but will probably not last very long.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I bought the same one, as you say it's not worth the money, it also doesn't fit properly (mine is not shaped like the one in the picture) I am convinced that the part number/image is wrong and it is meant for a previous model. I have kept it though as it just about does the job I want but will probably not last very long.
The picture shown for all of the options is the low position hence why it's a bit confusing. I do think it is for the current model, I just think it aint that good and one of the ones that you cut yourself to fit would be better.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I bought the flat rubber mat type that can be cut to fit any boot. The only problem was that it tended to slide around when you either lifted the boot shelf or slid items into the boot. The solution was plastic Velcro from Screwfix. You only need to stick the hooked part to the underside of the mat at a few points and the cars boot shelf acts as the furry bit of the Velcro....if you see what I mean.

These are what I bought.

Velcro Brand Heavy Duty Stick-On Tape Black 50mm x 1m | Building Tape | Screwfix.com

Streetwize Universal Boot Mat 1.2 x 0.8m Black | Car Mats | Screwfix.com

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dautres, is there any possibility of getting a picture of yours to see how well it fits? Looks good from the weblink you gave.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Joke apart, I also plan to get a rubber mat which I will cut myself (I want to keep the two levels easily and stop things from sliding around) so the velcro looks clever to me.

I think I will get the net fixed on the hooks as well.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey Dautres, is there any possibility of getting a picture of yours to see how well it fits? Looks good from the weblink you gave.
Lighting not brilliant, perhaps I should have moved the car so the sun is shining into the boot.

Thanks Yorky, I''ll try the Velcro trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I want a boot tray for the car when it arrives so we can keep that area clean and free from dog hairs and any other kinds of marks from my fishing gear. Ive done some investigating and a lot of places have numerous types but the sites I've been on don't make it that clear about which one is which and the prices also change between them.

I think ideally I want one for when the boot floor is in the upper position, can anyone help to identify the right one?
Have you thought about a boot liner? I got one from a company which makes them to specifications such as extended liner in case you need to fold down the rear seats for more space. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention the name on here but if you wish, I could message the info.
Really pleased with mine. Very easy to fit in minutes. The material is very durable & easy to clean. My golf gear doesn't cause a problem now and I have extra protection over the bumper.
If you do order from this company be sure to stress that if you have a Peugeot 3008, that it is the 2017 version onwards as the liners are made to measure, also if you wish to use with floor position lower or not.
:thumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure you can mention them but to be on the safe side I would be grateful if you could message me the info buddy. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are in total 4 different trays that Peugeot offers for 3008:

Upper position, rubbery plastic, 1616871880
Lower position, rubbery plastic, 1616871680 (I have this one)
Upper position, foam material, 1616872080
Lower position, foam material, 1616871780

The foam ones are cheaper and as you say, probably not worth the money. The plastic one that I do have is really good. It's durable and protects the boot well. Bought mine from here for less than 40 euros - worth that definitely: https://eshop-peugeot.cz/gb/boot-tr...y-peugeot-new-3008-p84-retractable-floor.html

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There are in total 4 different trays that Peugeot offers for 3008:

Upper position, rubbery plastic, 1616871880
Lower position, rubbery plastic, 1616871680 (I have this one)
Upper position, foam material, 1616872080
Lower position, foam material, 1616871780

The foam ones are cheaper and as you, probably not worth the money. The plastic one that I do have is really good. It's durable and protects the boot well. Bought mine from here for less than 40 euros - worth that definitely: https://eshop-peugeot.cz/gb/boot-tr...y-peugeot-new-3008-p84-retractable-floor.html
This is really useful - thanks:thumb:

The official 3008 boot tray that you have, can that not be used in the upper position then?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The official 3008 boot tray that you have, can that not be used in the upper position then?
Well, it's formed to fit in there perfectly when the boot floor is in the lower position and the edges raise up like 5 cm or so, so it will look a bit funny if I raise the floor. In any case, the reason for raising the boot floor is to gain have "lipless" boot and if you raise the floor and put that tray there, you'll have a small lip created by the tray.

In any case, I'm a) always in need for more storage space, b) young enough to lift my stuff over the lip and c) don't own a full size spare wheel so I didn't really see the need to raise the floor to the upper position.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Excellent - thank you.

Do you have a space saver spare wheel in your boot?

I have a space saver wheel, which still allows the boot board to sit flush or be set to the lower level, without the wheel getting in the way.

I'm considering storage of other things in the space above the spare wheel and below the actual boot board, that's all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.