Peugeot Forums banner

Boot opening when opening drivers door

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  madbadandold 
#1 ·
Hi all
I’m very new to all this forum stuff so please bare with me.
I have a 05 plate 307 s my problem is the boot opens when I open the front doors.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated
Regards muji

#4 ·
You have posted 2 threads on electric problems which normally means battery or alternator problems. I know its not logical but it is a Peugeot and they are renowned for being trouble when their power source is low. I would get the battery load tested and the output from the alternator checked as my first port of call.

#15 ·
Basically he was doing a load test but that sort of load does not reveal much. The tool I was talking about is basically a short circuit on the battery but with a load and a meter to show how the capacity of the battery is. A good battery would hold the load but a defective one would show a steady drop and indicate that on the meter. A battery is made up of cells and these are like a series of flat plates lying in a mixture of chemicals. One or more of these plates could be losing its ability to hold the charge and the load machine in effect shows that up. You can buy these machines over the counter in outlets like Halfords and they are not too dear. They are also on the ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.