Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

First post here and hopefully someone could be of great assistance.
My wife has a Partner (15 plate) and yesterday the "Boot Open" warning appeared in the centre console. The boot was definitely closed so off she went. However, on trying to lock the vehicle later, it wouldn't lock, with key fob or key.
I've had a good look at it today, sprayed with WD40 as well, and I can't see anything untoward.
I removed the rubber grommet adjacent to the lock mechanism and I can see a wee plastic plate or similar moving back and forward and the vehicle making the clicking noise it makes when locking. All the mechanism is moving ok i.e. it's not sticky. I detached the lock from the door but didn't fancy opening up lock via the plastic housing it sits in. Electrical connector looked good as well.
The right hand panel (door that shuts first) lock mechanisms are also free moving.
Any advice on potential issue/solution?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sticking micro switch if I had a bet I m almost sure it’s located at the back of the electrical connector for the locking mechanism on these. Can free them up usually with a bit of PCB cleaner but if not there a couple quid on flea bay. If it’s not that then it’s not un common for wires to break or short near where the gator is where loom passes from door to car the opening and closing if the doors eventually taking its tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks amiejane. Sorry to be a pain, but what does the switch look like? Or even better, an eBay link? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
312 Posts
That’s the micro switch I’m not sure if that’s the exact one for your car I’m doing this from memory also it may not be your issue but they are a very common issue with boots not closing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi amiejane, I can't for the life of me see this micro switch? Here is a pic of my lock mechanism taken out. Do I have to split this casing?

Last pic shows internal part (on end of LHS hinge door) that is moving back and forward when pressing key fob.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've realised where the confusion is now. This is for the hinged door (which I have) and not a tailgate as switch you pictures above is for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,

I've returned to this issue lately and managed to do some further fault finding. Basically, the locks all appear to be operating just fine. When the ignition is on, doors can be locked from the locking button on the central console and indeed as a test the doors cannot be opened from outside. Boot open warning is still displayed though on the dash and sometimes (not always!) the interior light is lit as if to show that a door is indeed open.

To me it must be a sensor somewhere that is faulty but for the life of me I cannot see any so does anyone have any idea where I could look or suggestions on the above?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts