Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407 saloon ,05 plate. I can't open the boot with the key fob or the O button, the fuel flap is also no opening, but the rest of the central locking and alarm etc is fine. Its obvious its an electrical issue as the reverse lights do not come on and the tail lights stay on for a few mins when I lock the car, even if the lights aren't switched on. I have tried opening central locking with key still doesn't work. I have also read previous post and I'm aware of the wiring issue near the boot hinge, and have also been advised on the rear light earth fix which might also be the problem. However I can't check any of the wiring as I cannot get the boot open, have went in through rear seats but lock is covered by plastic boot trim, which can't be remove when boot is close, I have also checked the computer setting which shows boot constant lock is off. Can anyone please help me by informing me how to get the boot open.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have a 407 saloon ,05 plate. I can't open the boot with the key fob or the O button, the fuel flap is also no opening, but the rest of the central locking and alarm etc is fine. Its obvious its an electrical issue as the reverse lights do not come on and the tail lights stay on for a few mins when I lock the car, even if the lights aren't switched on. I have tried opening central locking with key still doesn't work. I have also read previous post and I'm aware of the wiring issue near the boot hinge, and have also been advised on the rear light earth fix which might also be the problem. However I can't check any of the wiring as I cannot get the boot open, have went in through rear seats but lock is covered by plastic boot trim, which can't be remove when boot is close, I have also checked the computer setting which shows boot constant lock is off. Can anyone please help me by informing me how to get the boot open.
Thanks in advance.
there is a hole for the manual release for the boot from the inside but I cant remember if you can see it without taking panel off or not, have you gone through the menu on the radio as there is an option on there to stop the boot opening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As posted in original thread, the computer settings are fine, this would not cause the lighting fault, there is an open circuit earth issue. I really just need to know how to open the boot from the inside to fix the problem, surely someone here knows where the " hole" is for manual opening.

·
5,027 Posts
As posted by trustme there is a hole in the boot latch to allow manual opening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the response, I am aware of the hole but don't know where it is, do I need to take off the trim? Or is it accessible without taking it off? Where is the hole and how do I get to it?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts