Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve had a search and can see there are lots of threads about similar issues, but I can’t get my head around what I need to actually do with the mechanism from inside in order to manually release the boot - can anybody help please? I’ve got a tail light out, and need to open the boot to change it. :(

Automotive tire Hood Grille Automotive lighting Bumper

Will obviously try to get to the bottom of the central locking issue afterwards, but for now just need to get the boot open so I can change this bulb.

· Registered
457 Posts
there should an access hole in the black plastic trim. If not, and assuming there is a manual release in the same position on all models, have a look at someone elses car, measure the position and drill a hole in the plastic on your car. I might be making a wrong assumption though!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there should an access hole in the black plastic trim. If not, and assuming there is a manual release in the same position on all models, have a look at someone elses car, measure the position and drill a hole in the plastic on your car. I might be making a wrong assumption though!
Thanks for that. There appears to be an access hole marked in the trim, but not cut-out. Assuming this is in the right place, I’ll have a go at cutting/drilling the area and see if there’s a release behind it, just don’t want to hack a hole in the trim if there’s not going to be anything behind it. 🙈

Wasn’t sure whether there was anything I can do at the lock/latch itself to release it?

Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Grille Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can on some cars eg Fiats, but the only option I know is the access hole. I assume there's not enough room to pull the whole trim off?
I don’t think so, but will have a look in the daylight. If not then I’ll dig out the hole saw and cut a neat hole that I can plug afterwards, keep it tidy.

When I’ve cut the hole, I’m assuming there’s just a cable/rod to pull, or an obvious catch? Just wary of causing any more damage 🙈

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts