Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Can anybody help me:confused: :confused:

The light in boot does not work but bulb is ok as i have checked that is there a fuse anywhere that will stop this working any help be great

thanks

G

·
First things first - put a meter across the terminals and check for voltage before you go hunting for an electrical fault that might not exist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have exactly this problem on a late 2007 407 diesel, the boot light flickered and then failed.
I removed the bulb holder from the connector and examined the bulb, from visual inspection the bulb seemed ok and a multimeter showed no resistance.

I have checked the manual to see if it mentions a separate fuse, but can't see anything.

All other electrics seem ok, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi mate you should have a resistance if the bulb is ok as you haven't bulb u/s
sorry should have worded slightly differently;
When connected to terminals of bulb housing, the multimeter shows the same as when touching the two probes together, indicating no break and therefore I assume bulb is OK?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone got any suggestions?

Is there a fuse that is specific to the boot light, the manual makes no mention of one?

How is the boot light normally triggered, I can't see any obvious switches anywhere?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I'd hazard a guess that the switch for the light is in the lock mechanism. Have you metered the lamp connector to see if you have 12 volts reaching the lamp? Is there continuity to earth from the connector ? It's not necessarily a blown fuse though the fuse is a likely possibility.

When I don't know which fuse is the one I'm looking for I simply find it by trial & error. Take each fuse out one at a time until I find the blown fuse or until they all test out good. It's not rocket science :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same problem the other day 407sw. Took the bulb out, but it was ok. Put bulb back in and it started working. So I put it down to the bulb holder itself. Check it is a good fit to the bulb.

Steve.

·
Registered
123 Posts
boot light

Hi AD2011 I was working on my 407sw 2009 and noted that the boot light went out I believe they are on a time switch which will turn it off after a certain amount of time as it worked normally since so could be that.Pete407sw.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd hazard a guess that the switch for the light is in the lock mechanism. Have you metered the lamp connector to see if you have 12 volts reaching the lamp? Is there continuity to earth from the connector ? It's not necessarily a blown fuse though the fuse is a likely possibility.

When I don't know which fuse is the one I'm looking for I simply find it by trial & error. Take each fuse out one at a time until I find the blown fuse or until they all test out good. It's not rocket science :)
Update (delayed due to bad weather and lack of daylight)

Checked the bulb again, firstly out of the holder on a 9v battery and then in the holder.
Both worked, so bulb and holder are ok.

Managed to stick the probes of multimeter in to the white plastic connector that connects the bulb holder to the wiring loom.
It showed 12v and after a few minutes, then dropped down to zero.
Pressing the remote key fob boot release made it jump up to 12v again.

So it appears to be the white connector that is faulty due to some kind of poor connection!

Failing daylight meant that I was unable to pursue further, I would have liked to try unplugging a piece of wire two then connect manually to the bulb holder

Does anybody know whether you could easily obtain a new white connector and if so where from?

·
12,691 Posts
Sounds ok to me. The voltage drop is when the car turns off the bulb to prevent battery going flat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts