Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boot light in my saloon is shite in the winter/dark so i'm thinking of upgrading it with something better but what??

First thought is some Led strip about 12-18 inches long stuck to the underside of the parcel shelf and powering it from the wires that supply the original light.
What are the problems im likely to encounter and whats good/bad about doing it this way ??

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Can't see any problems fitting an LED strip as this will consume less current than the standard bulb. The only possible issue I can see is concealing the cables so they can't accidentally get caught and ripped out. You would also be best served by including a quick release connector for those times when you need to remove the parcel shelf.

·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a saloon not the sw, so the parcel shelf is fixed. I plan on feeding the wire up from the strip through the metal of the shelf,along under the parcel shelf covering and back down to the wires. Nothing will be loose enough for anything to catch.

·
Registered
909 Posts
dad i think it should work well, i will have a look around and see what i have. I msure we can knock somethin up on friday after we have done your frip joint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts