Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Does anyone know how to remove this bit of trim from the boot? I noticed that the spring loaded flap was basically falling out but also on closer inspection I noticed that the hook for the boot latch was also ridiculously loose.

I have tried to search the net but I can’t find anything on how to remove this trim so I can get to the bolts properly to tighten them. I’ve managed to sort of tighten them for now but I want to do it properly but I just cannot get this thing off.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,460 Posts
I don't know for sure, but if you can't find any screws or concealed screws, I suspect similar to door panels, so, remove the boot seal out of the way, get your fingers under it and one good tug. I suspect it will be identical, clips to the door panels, and will be push in type and replaceable if broken. (but, I maybe wrong as well)

·
Registered
339 Posts
View attachment 101660 Does anyone know how to remove this bit of trim from the boot? I noticed that the spring loaded flap was basically falling out but also on closer inspection I noticed that the hook for the boot latch was also ridiculously loose.

I have tried to search the net but I can’t find anything on how to remove this trim so I can get to the bolts properly to tighten them. I’ve managed to sort of tighten them for now but I want to do it properly but I just cannot get this thing off.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I had to remove mine the other weekend as my spring flap snapped and I had bits inside that i was worried may cause the lock to jam

There are 3 round clips on the vertical inside of that trim inside the boot - there the round type with a central bit, use a small flat screwdriver to partially prise the clip and then push back the outer part and use a small flat screwdriver to then prise the middle part and then pull the entire clip out. (Sorry technical description not too great but hopefully it makes sense of sorts)

The trim has a diagonal spring clip at either side on the horizontal face (where the spring flap sits) - that if you apply gentle pressure, you can prise out of the bodywork.

There are a couple of clips along the trim which I ended up snapping but didnt seem to be an issue when refitted (probably consequence of how i prised the end snaps rather than lift cleanly upwards.

Fitting it post removal was relatively easy - located the edge spring clips and then refitted the inside clips - making sure i didnt trap the rubber seal between the trim and the body work.

Hope this kind of helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts