Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an issue with the boot catch earlier today. Was unable to get the bootlid to catch when shutting it, and on closer inspection, there was a bit of loose plastic. I managed to remove it, which cured the issue with the catch, but I assume that this piece of plastic pivots to fill the hole when the boot is open.

Is it easy to remove the panel to try and refit this, although it is now slightly distorted

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's supposed to be spring loaded and move out of the way when you close the boot/tailgate exactly as you thought. If it's broken there's every chance that it'll be a right bugger to fit back in.

I'd be severely tempted to leave it off. Put it in one of the small storage spaces in case you ever take the lock off for a different reason.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Actually, although I haven't yet done it, it looks as though all you have to take off is the wide plastic cover that the flap sits in. You may then find that it's a dead easy job. Equally, something that's vital might have snapped off - you just won't know until you get in there.

Or just leave it off!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I had problems getting my tailgate (SW) to latch. Found the metal catch bolted to the sill was loose. Tightened up the screws (once I got the cover off) and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

What did you do with this in the end? I've noticed mine is like this. Got the plastic trim out so the boot now closes.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually, although I haven't yet done it, it looks as though all you have to take off is the wide plastic cover that the flap sits in. You may then find that it's a dead easy job. Equally, something that's vital might have snapped off - you just won't know until you get in there.

Or just leave it off!
Hi Paul-R, have you removed this wide plastic cover in the boot before? If so, Is it a pain?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had an issue with the boot catch earlier today. Was unable to get the bootlid to catch when shutting it, and on closer inspection, there was a bit of loose plastic. I managed to remove it, which cured the issue with the catch, but I assume that this piece of plastic pivots to fill the hole when the boot is open.

Is it easy to remove the panel to try and refit this, although it is now slightly distorted
mine was exactly the same, i recovered the plastic part in two halves, and one spring, mine is luckily going to be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mine is still untouched! The tailgate closes which is all that's really important. As long as you keep it clean down there (oo-err) it'll be all right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts