Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I have problems with the bonnet on my 407 coupe and hope you could give me some advice..

The bonnet will pop up when I pull the handle under the dashboard, but looks like the latch is broken between the "button" under the hood and the safty catch. Myself and two mechanics unsucessfully tried to release it with force, but all we got are bruises from stucking our hands throught that tight gap under the hood 馃榿 I can feel the part that should be pulled to release the catch with my hands, but can't push it all the way. Any tricks I should try before taking it to offical dealer and paying a fortune to have it open/fixed? 馃檮

TIA

Hi...moved your question to start a 'new ' one as the one you joined was an old one and a different topic....here to help....welcome to the forum...if you can get your fingers to reach the safety catch surely a flat screwdriver/hook would work...a dealer would be familiar with that...but thats what I would try....good luck and welcome again

Registered
From what I heard, you remove the undershielding under the bumper, then reach through the gap and actuate it manually. Quite common for the little plastic pin to snap, I replaced my handle / cable assembly before it got a chance!

so is it the "safety catch" that you cant release ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts