Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
It's a French car so the handle is on the drivers side for homeland and the rest of europe. Just like the Laguna I had with the renault card key. The emergency lock barrel was in the passenger door on UK lhd cars but in France and the rest of europe it was in the drivers door.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It's a French car so the handle is on the drivers side for homeland and the rest of europe. Just like the Laguna I had with the renault card key. The emergency lock barrel was in the passenger door on UK lhd cars but in France and the rest of europe it was in the drivers door.
That just says to me the French car manufacturer can't be bothered to transfer all controls over from LHD to RHD.
I've had other European vehicles and they transfer the bonnet release. My current Mercedes has it on the drivers side.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
That just says to me the French car manufacturer can't be bothered to transfer all controls over from LHD to RHD.
I've had other European vehicles and they transfer the bonnet release. My current Mercedes has it on the drivers side.
That just says to me that you look for things to complain about. If it such a big problem for you then you know what to do next time you buy a car, make sure it's another merc :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
All the land rover's I've had have also been passenger side.
Never found it a problem , with today's engines the only reason to open it was for to top up wiper water once a month.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That just says to me that you look for things to complain about. If it such a big problem for you then you know what to do next time you buy a car, make sure it's another merc :)
Negative, nothing whatsoever to do with complaining. I was merely making an observation, totally different to complaining.
Further, who said anything about it being a problem and please cut out the sarcasm in telling me if I do not like it then get Merc!

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Negative, nothing whatsoever to do with complaining. I was merely making an observation, totally different to complaining.
Further, who said anything about it being a problem and please cut out the sarcasm in telling me if I do not like it then get Merc!
I suggested something where you wouldn't have had the same observation (complaint) but you felt I was telling you to do something which you obviously dislike however, you feel it is perfectly ok for you to tell other people what to do.

Yes I realise you said please which in reality makes it a request but I was applying your viewpoint of what I wrote to your response

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I have to admit, that sounds like a complaint to me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Guys, honest. I am not complaining. One person's wording and understanding is different from another. I have no agenda or complaints. :)
This is the problem with the written word. No one can be sure whether people are complaining or joking or just making an observation but in the scheme of things the siting of the bonnet release is really not that important and it's definitely not worth people getting nasty about it.

Come on fellas, chill!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ruddy Beardy weirdies coming in here and telling us where our handles should be .. lol..

Handle on my DS5 and missus's 508 are on the left also and both have compromised glovebox, so in my opinion you are absolutely right in that the PSA group can't be bothered to fully repackage for the RHD markets.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Guys, honest. I am not complaining. One person's wording and understanding is different from another. I have no agenda or complaints. :)
Beards, I wasn't having a pop at you, It's just my way of commenting on something that to me is trivial. How it sounded in my head as I was typing it was poles apart from how it obviously came across to you. All I was saying is it's really not a deal breaker (but every time I use the term deal breaker I get grief from others).

Peugeot probably don't transfer the bonnet release, BSI, Servo unit etc because it would cost more than the conversion process needed to get the car past all the regulations for safety and roadworthiness for the RHD market. It's the same with Renault I guess. It's not a critical thing so why spend money on something that's not a necessity. Not really down to being lazy. They could just do what the Americans used to do 50 odd years ago and let you buy their cars as long as you bought it LHD. They wouldn't dream of doing a RHD conversion - it wasn't American. Any conversions were done on our side of the water.

Sure, Mercedes might got to the trouble of doing this but the price of the merc has already covered this cost with interest added on. Lets face it, no-one would buy a 308 / 208 etc at merc prices.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Beards, I wasn't having a pop at you, It's just my way of commenting on something that to me is trivial. How it sounded in my head as I was typing it was poles apart from how it obviously came across to you. All I was saying is it's really not a deal breaker (but every time I use the term deal breaker I get grief from others).
Thanks guys, everyone is hopefully "friends" again. We don't want any falling out and as Ive already said we have to be careful of the written word. The use of the smilies can sometimes help us to show our readers that we are only joking or are upset but in the end it's really difficult to avoid upsetting or annoying others.

When people reply to our comments I believe that we are all guilty of over-reacting at times. I know I chucked my dolly out of my pram a few weeks ago when I felt that someone was belittling the damage on my car - just because he'd told us to stay on topic. I think I frightened the poor man away when I retaliated as I've not seen him on here since. It's a fabulous forum we have going here and even though it's a predominantly male environment I never feel that as a 60+ year old female I am not treated with anything other than the greatest respect.

Right :topic: before I get into trouble :lol::D

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
It's a fabulous forum we have going here and even though it's a predominantly male environment I never feel that as a 60+ year old female I am not treated with anything other than the greatest respect.
Age is just a number. Granted some of us have bigger numbers than others but it's still nought but a number (see what I did there :lol:)

I've been classed as a Gerry Hattrick for some years now but I refuse to accept the title. :thumb:

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Age is just a number. Granted some of us have bigger numbers than others but it's still nought but a number (see what I did there :lol:)

I've been classed as a Gerry Hattrick for some years now but I refuse to accept the title. :thumb:
Storeman,

Please stay on topic....:D

(Sorry Storeman, couldn't resist, I'll get my coat :nod:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Storeman,

Please stay on topic....:D

(Sorry Storeman, couldn't resist, I'll get my coat :nod:)
You stay right where you are Beau, after all you are right! Anyway where were we, oh yes bonnet lids!

I'm rather fond of the shape of mine as it stands out in a crowd and the fact that the release lever is on the "wrong" side is just another way of ensuring I get some much needed exercise. Well let's face it, I'm bound to forget and try and find it on the driver's side.

Oh and who's Gerry Hattrick?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Gerry Hattrick

If you haven't already figured it out - think about it and say it slowly without a pause between the two names :)

If you have already figured it out then I misinterpreted the question :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Gerry Hattrick

If you haven't already figured it out - think about it and say it slowly without a pause between the two names :)

If you have already figured it out then I misinterpreted the question :)
Duh! I've just said the name out loud and realised who poor Gerry is. I can be so dim sometimes! Sorry!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.