Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a 1 year old 308 and I find the bonnet quite tricky to close.

Usually on previous cars, just holding it 10" from closing and letting go would mean its own weight would close it. But not on this car, it does feel lighter than the 307s bonnet.

The owners manual is next to useless too.

"Lower the bonnet and release it at the end of its travel" Whats that gonna do? It will travel all the way to the point where its resting on the car. Should I then push it?

Anyone else found this to be a problem or found a technique? Or should I book it into the dealers?

Edit: Just been out and tried to lower it then push it, wont shut that way. Have to drop it with a good push and it slams shut.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im worrying now it has had a bump :( So have booked it into my dealer for first thing Monday, see what they say.

But like you say, might just need an adjustment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it from one of those massive supermarket places that HPI all their vehicles.

I just did an online check, no stolen record, not scrapped, not a subject to a total loss.

I did have a good look before I bought it, looking for different coloured panels, panels not connecting properly and so on, spray etc. All fine.

No doubt just worrying over nothing, its in my nature.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip to the dealer today, and the bonnet has closed fine half a dozen times in a row.

Maybe a little more of a drop than normal, but they are saying this is due to it being a lighter bonnet.

:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts