Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Anyone noticed if the gap between the front edge of the bonnet (edge nearest the grill) and the panel above the grill is slightly wider on one side of the bonnet than the other?

Also, I have noticed that the interior trim at the top of the passenger door does not align with the dashboard - the door trim sits slightly higher.

Interested if anyone else has noticed these.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Hi all

Anyone noticed if the gap between the front edge of the bonnet (edge nearest the grill) and the panel above the grill is slightly wider on one side of the bonnet than the other?

Also, I have noticed that the interior trim at the top of the passenger door does not align with the dashboard - the door trim sits slightly higher.

Not noticed the bonnet issue but have the same issue with the trim at the top of the passenger door trim being some 15mm taller then the supposedly adjoins dashboard.

If honest though, it really doesn't bother me and have no doubt it won't effect resale value.

I bet it I scrutinised the rest of the car I'd problem find another bit of trim not quite aligning too.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi all

I posted a photo from a French forum ages ago where the uneven gap was being high-lighted and one of this forum's first owners pointed out the trim issues way back in March / April. I haven't noticed a problem with the bonnet on my GT but the slight miss-alignment of the trim is present. Neither issue particularly worries me. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I posted a photo from a French forum ages ago where the uneven gap was being high-lighted and one of this forum's first owners pointed out the trim issues way back in March / April. I haven't noticed a problem with the bonnet on my GT but the slight miss-alignment of the trim is present. Neither issue particularly worries me. :)
I think this is the one you meant

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's the same with the plastic around the screen in the centre. It does not align with the rest of the dashboard.

Nothing to worry about. It's sloppy work from the factory, and it highlights that Peugeot are not a premium brand even though reviewers have said the 3008 have better quality than Audi Q2, Tiguan and so on. But it does not affect my view of the car (as long as it does not come loose).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have to say that when looking at my 3008 at eye level, it does appear that the sides of the bonnet sit higher than the surrounding bodywork. However, when you actually check it close up. it is aligned.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Picked my new car up this afternoon and very pleased. Similar alignment issue with passenger door and dash trim. Bonnet looks good.

The only real issue that is irritating me, is that the chrome trim strip above the passenger glovebox is slightly loose at the end nearest the centre console. It moves at this end but not the other. Does anyone else have this issue and know whether this strip just clips in? I've pushed it, but may just leave it as, as I don't want things pulled apart so soon.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Picked my new car up this afternoon and very pleased. Similar alignment issue with passenger door and dash trim. Bonnet looks good.

The only real issue that is irritating me, is that the chrome trim strip above the passenger glovebox is slightly loose at the end nearest the centre console. It moves at this end but not the other. Does anyone else have this issue and know whether this strip just clips in? I've pushed it, but may just leave it as, as I don't want things pulled apart so soon.
Mine was the same, it was so loose, it actually came off so know for a fact there's clips on it which go into receptors in the dashboard.

Just line it back into position and either push very hard or, which I did, give it a whack with the ball of your hand and you'll hear the clips locking.

Its now rock solid in position.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all

I noticed that and checked through a load of youtube videos. They all had that discrepancy. I thought it was a design feature!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Beau - thanks a lot for your advice. There was me worrying it was just my car that had this issue.

I'll give it a thump tomorrow and hopefully it'll clip right back into place. I may use a cloth just to cushion it, to avoid damaging the trim.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm not sure it is a misalignment, more an optical illusion. Crouching down in front of mine the right and left sides of the bonnet look higher, but when you run fingers along thees sides, or look at it from above, they are actually in line with the rest of the front of the car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
here is how exaclty my looks like (after around 20 miles from the dealership)
there are defenitely a bigger holes at the sides

·
Registered
420 Posts
here is how exaclty my looks like (after around 20 miles from the dealership)
there are defenitely a bigger holes at the sides
Is the bonnet taller on the sides or is the the gap that is bigger? It seems that some colours (light colours) have a bigger optical illusion than darker colours.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The bonnet on mine has the same gap distance all the way along the front, and it sits flush to the front nose cone of the car. The sides curve around slightly and slope upwards, and I think it's that which gives the effect of a larger gap, or the bonnet sitting higher at the sides.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I'm also of the opinion that it's an optical illusion. The bonnet / front panel are more vertical at the sides whereas the centre portion looks close to horizontal so the gap when looked at from the front looks smaller in the centre. Probably if looked at from directly above, the gap in the centre would look wider than at the sides

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could anyone post a picture about this Trim misalignment as I can't understand it by words only.
I'm going to receive my car in 2 weeks hopefully, so I would like to check these issue before signing down.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts