Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! first thing in the mornings my 207 is saying the car engine temperature is too high and that I need to stop the car, originally I thought it was a simple Thermostat replacement. My car is still saying its over heating and that I need to stop, I ignore this as the engine is stone clod. After driving to my clients house and park up and stop using my car the fan comes on and stays on for sometime. I've replaced thermo and housing. Still having issues! Has this happened to anyone else? HELP!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Not sure about your model, you'll need to post more info about it (engine size, fuel type etc). On my 307 it's on the right had side of the head cover (looking in from outside the car), in line with the battery.

It may have a green electrical connector.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
This is a faulty sensor as stated above it is green and in side of engine above the gearbox

Same sensor controls the fan as when the ecu sees a high temp it puts the fans on two faults same culprit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Model

2009 Petrol 207 sport Cielo 16v.
I've replaced thermo and housing.
Possible stupid question, would the new thermostat and housing also include a new sensor?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
No, they're separate.

With the cooling system, it's best to change components together, as it's often difficult to work out which component is faulty, and also you minimise the chances of an air lock in the coolant (unless you drain, clean and refill the coolant).

·
Administrator
411 Posts
Hey there,

The Help forum is meant for site related issues.
I have moved your thread to a more suitable section on the site.
I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Enjoy the site!

Richard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts