Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Previously, my car's BM34 PCB trace was shorted. I share the case on link below:

Reverse Light Always On, BM34 Short - Peugeot Forums

Recently, my car suddenly stop in heavy traffic. My father in law was behind the wheel at the time. The car has no engine light when key turned on. I was shocked when he gave info that the BM34 was blown as picture attached.

The burnt area is in 16V GR/10PR socket.

I couldn't find where was it initially burn.

I tried to find what caused it to burn with no luck. The wire on 16V GR seems to be ok.

I am affraid to get same problem if I just replace the BM34.

Is BM34 often get such problem (short/burnt)?
Please advise how to make sure everything else is fine before fit BM34 replacement.

Thanks you.

Regards,
Hasmut

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Its not common to be that badly burnt something connected to that socket MUST be causing a short You need to check all the things connected to that connection including the wiring to each item

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not common to be that badly burnt something connected to that socket MUST be causing a short You need to check all the things connected to that connection including the wiring to each item
I get the circuit diagram for my car's BM34, the diagram has pin 5, and 14 not connected anywhere while actually it has wire on it.

Since prevoious issue on the BM34 is not related to any other circuitry, I thing the burn is just locally on the BM34.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
So your saying it just destroyed itself for no reason this is unlikely SOMETHING external to the fusebox caused that failure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitted other BM34 on the car. It works normally. No issue at all.
The cause of burnt BM34 remain unknown.

Sent from my F-04G using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts