Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the functions available for this Bluetoooth unit and the hard wired Lexia

TIA

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the functions available for this Bluetoooth unit and the hard wired Lexia

TIA
There really isn't enough time to type out all the differences.

Basically The proper diagnostic which you call lexia does everything the Bluetooth unit does except connect to the computer via Bluetooth and a whole lot more.

It can correctly diagnose the ABS ecu, Seatbelt ecu and others the Bluetooth device cannot.

It can read live data for many items including individual injector parameters.

It can program the cars various ecu's

It is a working diagnostic aid to help locate faults and assist in repairs rather than being a slightly sophisticated toy.

Oh and it works unlike the four Bluetooth devices I have personal experience with :) I've never come across a working Bluetooth elm device, especially one at that price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks and 'nuff said Storeman

I thought it would be a very limited unit - and how limited is 'does nothing' :lol:

Thanks for your input too Mark :thumb:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Thanks and 'nuff said Storeman

I thought it would be a very limited unit - and how limited is 'does nothing' :lol:

Thanks for your input too Mark :thumb:
To be honest, I've read on other forums were people have managed to get these Bluetooth devices working and all they use them for is to connect to the torque app on their phones to display dials & displays that the car doesn't have i.e. a rev counter or mpg display. Apparently the torque app can reset the eml and clear a limited number of faults but if you have a Peugeot / Citroen and want to maintain it yourself then you cannot really get better than the Actia hardware and PP2000 or Diagbox which also has the Lexia software for Citroen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume that the one I linked in my OP is a cheaper version of the Actia you refer to.

Although it would be handy to have (for the money) I don't see me using it regularly - but as we are not near any garages (closest about 15 miles away) I thought it may be handy to diagnose any warnings/errors that appear in order to determine a course of action.

My first priority though is to change the radio - but that's another story ;)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Actia is the name of the device and Lexia is the Citroen software. That unit is probably the same thing though some of the Chinese clones aren't as good as others . I've read that some units don't work on 307's and certain Citroens but never really heard anyone say they bought a unit that didn't work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have one and it only can work on the published obd2 standard. You can see a bit of simple engine parameters and fault codes.

Thing is all manufactures have gone way beyond the obd2 standard and have multiple ECU's and functions that the published standard has no idea about and can't talk to.

Which is why you need either the full manufactures spec diagnostic kit (lexia/planet) or a middle ground device like cpd devices.

The real kit costs thousands so a Chinese clone is the only option for most of us.

·
Super Moderator
1,774 Posts
Cheapish Bluetooth obd2 reader from amazon and the torque app for android phone will give you the ability to read and clear codes, also send the current engine data like turbo boost, throttle position etc etc.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Cheapish Bluetooth obd2 reader from amazon and the torque app for android phone will give you the ability to read and clear codes, also send the current engine data like turbo boost, throttle position etc etc.
If you get one that works. I ordered one which didn't work, sent it back and got a replacement which also didn't work. A guy at work bought one which also didn't work so he bought another from a different seller and guess what - it didn't work either. It's a chance you take. I got my money back BUT was out of pocket by the cost of sending two faulty items back and had to send them both by recorded delivery. Not worth the chance IMHO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stevo -

There are a number of the BT units on the market, and also various apps on 'Play'.

Your post 'implies' that you did get some to work ?
Would it be possible for you to post links to those you used and found to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts