Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone finding it difficult to stream music from android phone to car via Bluetooth. I am able to connect my phone to car via Bluetooth to make and receive calls but couldn't stream music.if click on the 'source' on touchscreen it is only showing radio.my phone is oneplus 3T

hope someone can shed light on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

You might find it's a problem with your phone. I had a One Plus which I had to change because it would not connect properly to my VW (other android phones have worked perfectly). If you search for One Plus car bluetooth connect problems, there are loads of examples.

·
Registered
765 Posts
When you paired the phone did you select the telephone profile, audio or both. You'd need both for it to show up as an audio source and work hands free as a phone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you paired the phone did you select the telephone profile, audio or both. You'd need both for it to show up as an audio source and work hands free as a phone.

Thank you. sorted now. i had to tick on 'audio' on the telephone profile for music streaming even though phone calls were working without ticking it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Does that apply to a Sony Xperia Z3 frinstance or just one phone?.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I received my 3008 today and have massive problems with bluetooth audio (music). I have tried a phone call and that worked great, but streaming music from Spotify or TuneIn stutters more than Honda's F1 engine. It sounds like the old CD-players when you shook it while lostening to music.

Initially I thought there were some interference from the QI-charger, but it doesn't help to take phone away from the charger either. Really disappointed about this, since almost all of my music is from streaming services.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I received my 3008 today and have massive problems with bluetooth audio (music). I have tried a phone call and that worked great, but streaming music from Spotify or TuneIn stutters more than Honda's F1 engine. It sounds like the old CD-players when you shook it while lostening to music.

Initially I thought there were some interference from the QI-charger, but it doesn't help to take phone away from the charger either. Really disappointed about this, since almost all of my music is from streaming services.

Anyone else noticed this?
Are you sure your data connection was good when you were streaming? I stream from my phone and haven't had any problems

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the first thing I would try is to see if streaming music over Bluetooth that is actually on the phone is ok, if it is it's not a Bluetooth streaming problem.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Are you sure your data connection was good when you were streaming? I stream from my phone and haven't had any problems
I think the first thing I would try is to see if streaming music over Bluetooth that is actually on the phone is ok, if it is it's not a Bluetooth streaming problem.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the connection. I have used bluetooth streaming from the same source on both my Focus and my 108. Never had these issues before. Also, most of the music on my main playlist on Spotify are downloaded to the phone. The phone itself works fine also - at least the last 8 months I've had it connected to the mentioned cars.

Did another test drive now, but it was still lagging. :confused:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just in general. The norm when connecting a phone device to a car is to prompt the user to ask whether they want audio/telephony or both.
Thanks, I've not seen that anywhere before.
I gave up streaming music in our 308 because it seems it won't do both ie phone and music seamlessly......it was a right pita:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone finding it difficult to stream music from android phone to car via Bluetooth. I am able to connect my phone to car via Bluetooth to make and receive calls but couldn't stream music.if click on the 'source' on touchscreen it is only showing radio.my phone is oneplus 3T

hope someone can shed light on it.
I have a one plus 3t and have had no problems on my mazda cx-5 and tried it on a peugeot 3008 i was test driving and it worked just fine streaming spotify.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a one plus 3t and have had no problems on my mazda cx-5 and tried it on a peugeot 3008 i was test driving and it worked just fine streaming spotify.
I had problems streaming music from the micro SD card via Bluetooth.
Is it not possible to have phone and music concurrently?.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had problems streaming music from the micro SD card via Bluetooth.
Is it not possible to have phone and music concurrently?.
It is on my Mazda cx-5 from 2012 so of course that should work on the 3008. The music gets muted and paused when I receive a call. Getting my 3008 in October so can't test it out ... Just tried out streaming when I test drove.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have the same problem with streming Spotify/Deezer music via BT in my 5008.

music starts to play and it starts to interrupt or mute after 15sec.

mp3s stored on phone play flawlessly
podcasts plays flawlesly

latest update of radio doesnt help

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have the same problem with streming Spotify/Deezer music via BT in my 5008.

music starts to play and it starts to interrupt or mute after 15sec.

mp3s stored on phone play flawlessly
podcasts plays flawlesly

latest update of radio doesnt help
Zero Bluetooth streaming issues for me on my 3008. Which phone do you have? I have one plus 3t.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - issies with
tried with my wife's Samsung Note4 - work flawlesly ..

strange, strange..

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - issies with
tried with my wife's Samsung Note4 - work flawlesly ..

strange, strange..
Well, the it's a phone issue and not the car. Maybe a backup and a factory reset on your s7 and then get the latest updates is worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I gave up using streaming and now use the USB and thumb drive.
I didn’t realise you couldn’t have music and phone connection at the same time.
Could text messages be causing the interruptions?.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I gave up using streaming and now use the USB and thumb drive.
I didn’t realise you couldn’t have music and phone connection at the same time.
Could text messages be causing the interruptions?.
Phone and music working flawless 4 me. As soon as I get a call music is paused.. And resumed when the call is over. No idea about text messages though...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts