Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there was bluetooth in the RD4 radios, but maybe this car is too old cos I cannot find any bluetooth when I scan for it on my phone.

Anyone know if this car is too old for bluetooth?

Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Have you got the TEL button shown on this pic? Or the Bluetooth menu?
If not, mustn't be installed.... don't think its too old, but might have been an optional extra.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it is a difference between a C screen and a CT screen.
Just looked at the radio, it has a BAND button where the TEL button is. Darn, and I so wanted Bluetooth :(

J

·
0 Posts
Same as mine then..... previous owner had in-car phone fitted, which luckily has bluetooth so I got rid of the horrible phone cradle. You can buy plenty of bluetooth car kits, and some are quite cheap too :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone got any pics of the back of both these radios, i'd like to see if there is any difference?
Thanks.
Although I know that each radio is programmed to the VIN, so maybe the aftermarket bluetooth is the way to go again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand.
I put my VIN into ServiceBox, and then the Vin from my father's car.
In the radio diagram for my father's car, on the right hand side, it shows different codes for the radio, and also has codes for the different units including bluetooth.
The diagram for my car has different codes for the radio, and no mention of items like the microphone, bluetooth module :(.
This led me to look at servicebox.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055899850&page=3#post71722679

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With my VIN, there is the complete picture for all parts of the radio, as it can be seen for all VIN's, but in the listing on the RHS, the items needed for Bluetooth are not mentioned.

I may just put in my own aftermarket BT unit in place behind the coin tray, with holes drilled in the coin tray to allow the sound to pass through. The only thing about doing that, is the radio will not mute itself when Bluetooth is active.
I might put a non latching switch in one of the blanks where the ESP etc switches are, and just push this when a call comes in.

J

·
0 Posts
Or just press both the vol + and - buttons on the steering wheel control at the same time to mute the radio :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
blue tooth , 407

hi there !!!

i have the 407 2lt ,se model and i have the telephone on the buttons .
but i dont seem to be able to get the blue tooth to work ? any ideas on this one. could the bluetoooth not be installed even though i have the tele phone button there ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need the dashboard display renewed, re-programmed so it shows a telephone picture.
You also need the bluetooth module which plugs into the radio. I have never seen anyone selling it, but it shows up in servicebox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you upgrade the Bluetooth?

I have the TEL button on my RD4 but no telephone menu. How do you renew/re-program so that the telephone menu appears? Is this something that only the manufacturers can do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I've similar problem to Jadon662 and bazzer.

I've recently for a 407 SE (2007) and when i was looking at the car I pressed the TEL button and it showed on the screen 'No Phone connected' or similar...

However the LCD was damaged and as part of the deal I got a new LCD screen fitted and also the CD Port activated, but now when pressing the TEL button nothing happens and no menu option..

Is it possible that its been disabled when activating the CD Port? could it be somethign has become disconnected in the back which I can sort myself.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I look to remove the unit.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi,

I've similar problem to Jadon662 and bazzer.

I've recently for a 407 SE (2007) and when i was looking at the car I pressed the TEL button and it showed on the screen 'No Phone connected' or similar...

However the LCD was damaged and as part of the deal I got a new LCD screen fitted and also the CD Port activated, but now when pressing the TEL button nothing happens and no menu option..

Is it possible that its been disabled when activating the CD Port? could it be somethign has become disconnected in the back which I can sort myself.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I look to remove the unit.

Thanks in advance
you need activate handset kit for lcd

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok, the car is a 2007. I have the old LCD but can't see any year on it. but I swear that prior to the new lcd and cd port activation that when the tel button was pressed is showed up 'no mobile connected' or similar.

I would assume that the new one fitted is the same, but without taking it out I don't know, unless there is another way I can find out?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts