Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right... I really need bluetooth in the car.

Can i replace the factory cd player for a factory bluetooth cd player if I also get the bluetooth module with it?
I believe i will need to find someone with PP to code this in for me - correct?

Or - is it just going to be easier to get an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth

I currently have a 57 plate with RD4 - no climate control so normal display

Advice appreciated.. thanks

Emma

·
Registered
200 Posts
I paid around £80 for a decent pioneer Bluetooth stereo and around £60 for the stalk adaptor which allows easy control of all the radio and phone functions via the stalk on the steering column and more importantly, it interfaces which the cars on board computer perfectly.

I'm saying this because before that, I bought an aftermarket interface module for about £30 that goes into the original factory stereo and it was awful, plus I still had to have the phone in hand to answer/dial/play music.

The factory Bluetooth add on doesn't permit music streaming.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
I agree a parrot is good enough for most but if you mush have a head unit with all integrated an RD45 is what you need it looks like the original but has bluetooth and phone built in but you need a 2010 or newer display and you need to wire in the mic but i done it in my daughters c3 and it works fine

·
Registered
44 Posts
If u need Bluetooth for making calls and not playing music, u can also get a sun visor Bluetooth kit, its really cheap and does the job, that's what i did. Replacing ur headunit might have other difficulties, for e.g fixing the time and access to your display menu. Good luck :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris... that is an option I had though about... the only issue I think with one of those is remembering to charge it to make sure it never runs out. There are some reasonably priced options about but there are also some quite cheap Parrot kits available and if its not too much hassle to fit then I think I am more heading in that direction. I don't think I want to replace the head unit due to the issues with the time/date etc... I have seen wiring looms for parrot kits as well which arent too expensive but it does look like most come with standard ISO which is what I believe the Pug runs on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts