Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon, My first post on these forums. I have an 09 plate 1.6 petrol with 73k on the clock. I have been having issue with blue smoke after been stood at traffic light and accelerating. It seems to be worse once the car has warmed up. Any advice on what this could be? Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Traditional folk-law says that will be caused by worn valve guides/seals
Worn cylinder bores would show blue smoke with engine under load
After going down a long hill with no throttle does it give a puff of smoke when you press the throttle? This is also a sign of leaking valve guides.

How much oil is it consuming?

If you are comfortable with the current oil consumption then I would wait & see if/when it gets any worse:D Cheaper than stripping down the cylinder head!
You may also want to check the crankcase breather pipes are not blocked?

Of course, if its bad enough, if may fail the emissions test on an MOT, do you have the last MOT emissions test results? Id so, look for high HC levels?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Traditional folk-law says that will be caused by worn valve guides/seals
Worn cylinder bores would show blue smoke with engine under load
After going down a long hill with no throttle does it give a puff of smoke when you press the throttle? This is also a sign of leaking valve guides.

How much oil is it consuming?

If you are comfortable with the current oil consumption then I would wait & see if/when it gets any worse:D Cheaper than stripping down the cylinder head!
You may also want to check the crankcase breather pipes are not blocked?

Of course, if its bad enough, if may fail the emissions test on an MOT, do you have the last MOT emissions test results? Id so, look for high HC levels?
When I have looked over the last couple of Mots online it has been failing on emissions. It's currently back at the garage where I have bought it from. It has just passed its last MOT with no issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts