Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted some led strips to light front and rear footwells. They work with conjunction with the standard lights so go off automatically after a few minutes. The blue is actually more subtle in real life I took the picture in the dark and the it really blew out the blue colours.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I opened the thread I thought this would be very tacky, but it's actually not bad at all. How did you connect them to the existing lights? And what strips did you choose?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I opened the thread I thought this would be very tacky, but it's actually not bad at all. How did you connect them to the existing lights? And what strips did you choose?
To be honest the pictures make it look more tacky because the blue seems really bright. But in real life the level and colour looks very similar to the rest of the highlight lighting in the doors and roof.

When I get home I will do a post about the item I used and where I connected.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picture of item below. It comes with remote so you can change colours and brightness. It remembers the setting aswell. I cut off the cigarette plug. Then in the passenger footwell you find the current white welcome light that you can just pop out. I fed the cable behind the carpet at top of footwell and wired into the welcome light. Then routed the cable under the bottom edge of the centre console so wiring completely hidden. Mounted the unit under passenger seat with one strip mounted pointing to the front footwell and one pointing to rear. Then routed the other 2 strips under the back part of the centre console under the driver seat and mounted them in the same way. Just used a few tiewraps to hold them in place. Everything is completely hidden. Took about 30mins to fit. I did extend the power lead a bit before I started.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts