Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the blue ambient lighting but I don't seem to have it in the footwells like the brochure says it should. The footwells light up when entering the car but that's just part of the interior lighting and isn't blue. Do the lucky few who have received their cars have the blue ambient in the footwells? Mines an Allure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love the blue ambient lighting but I don't seem to have it in the footwells like the brochure says it should. The footwells light up when entering the car but that's just part of the interior lighting and isn't blue. Do the lucky few who have received their cars have the blue ambient in the footwells? Mines an Allure.
Footwells just have an led light on mine

3008 1.2 GT Line Pearl White

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think when they state footwell lighting they must mean the lights on the centre console then- it doesn't reach the footwells though, but as long as I'm not missing something that everyone else has got then I'm okay :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There is an increasing amount of reports emerging on European forums that Peugeot have started removing some of the blue ambient lighting from 3008's. This seems to be affecting newer vehicles coming through production (of all 3008 variants):

https://www.peugeottalk.de/showthread.php?tid=2154&page=5

https://www.nuevopeugeot3008.com/t3492-luces-led-interiores-en-allure

Predominately, this seems to be the nice blue lighting to the left and right of the front driver and passenger, within the cut outs on the side of the centre console (either side).

I hope we are not seeing a typical PSA mid life change, reducing costs by removing kit. Hopefully its a mistake in the build process, or one that may not impact the UK market at all.

Its not clear if this will start appearing (or disappearing) on UK models, but certainly one to watch if anyone is taking delivery of a new 3008 and notices this deletion on their car.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
SiyahBeyaz - I would agree it would be a shame if they have fiddled with this great feature.

Really hope I haven't worried you unnecessarily, but its definitely one to watch. Which model car are you due to take delivery of and is it coming from a UK dealer?

The PSA group have a habit of doing this. My previous C4 Grand Picasso lost loads of the ambient lighting features and the second USB socket, mid way through its life, but at a time when PSA were going through some cost cutting measures to stay afloat, whilst the list price of the car continued to increase.

This issue at present is only being seen elsewhere in Europe, so may be isolated, but could be down to tweaking of specs, something the small print says they can always do, unless you've specifically written it on the order form. Although who on earth can do that, when you don't know what they might remove or add to the specs!

A close read just now of the very latest UK brochure and comparing it to the fine print of the previous brochures, they have definitely altered the ambient lighting summary description ("storage and footwells"), for all models in the October 2018 (2019MY brochure), so this would indicate some sort of UK spec change. Please see photos attached.

I've got all the previous 3008 brochures, so drop me a PM if its easier.

I was going to say once you have a VIN number, let me know and I can check it for you. However, Peugeot Servicebox characteristics of my own car (a GT 180 EAT8, which has the full ambient) doesn't show enough detail about the ambient lighting to describe the fitment along the left and right of the centre console.

I would be very inclined to ask your dealer to actually physically check the car has the ambient lighting on the left and right sides of the centre console. They normally receive factory bulletins about even minor spec changes, along with photos showing the alterations to specs, so maybe able to find out in advance, if you insist on understanding this spec change before you take delivery.

Attachments

Reactions: SiyahBeyaz

·
Registered
38 Posts
SiyahBeyaz - I would agree it would be a shame if they have fiddled with this great feature.

Really hope I haven't worried you unnecessarily, but its definitely one to watch. Which model car are you due to take delivery of and is it coming from a UK dealer?

The PSA group have a habit of doing this. My previous C4 Grand Picasso lost loads of the ambient lighting features and the second USB socket, mid way through its life, but at a time when PSA were going through some cost cutting measures to stay afloat, whilst the list price of the car continued to increase.

This issue at present is only being seen elsewhere in Europe, so may be isolated, but could be down to tweaking of specs, something the small print says they can always do, unless you've specifically written it on the order form. Although who on earth can do that, when you don't know what they might remove or add to the specs!

A close read just now of the very latest UK brochure and comparing it to the fine print of the previous brochures, they have definitely altered the ambient lighting summary description ("storage and footwells"), for all models in the October 2018 (2019MY brochure), so this would indicate some sort of UK spec change. Please see photos attached.

I've got all the previous 3008 brochures, so drop me a PM if its easier.

I was going to say once you have a VIN number, let me know and I can check it for you. However, Peugeot Servicebox characteristics of my own car (a GT 180 EAT8, which has the full ambient) doesn't show enough detail about the ambient lighting to describe the fitment along the left and right of the centre console.

I would be very inclined to ask your dealer to actually physically check the car has the ambient lighting on the left and right sides of the centre console. They normally receive factory bulletins about even minor spec changes, along with photos showing the alterations to specs, so maybe able to find out in advance, if you insist on understanding this spec change before you take delivery.
Thank you for the extensive and detailed message, I appreciate it.

To answer your q: no, am not in the UK. I will be picking my car up in The Netherlands. I had downloaded the October version of the sheet they are providing and there it says "LED strips on central console and door side". They have updated the sheet per 01-01-2019 and it is still the same for the Allure trip. No altering, no change at all on paper...

So that is a good sign, as it was starting to worry me. I had called the Peugeot Service and my dealer as well and all of them said they have never heard of something like that and were very surprised with the info I gave them.

I guess that should be enough to think nothing will change, but I am still not certain (also do not have a VIN number yet).

But why would they trim it in e.g. Spain or Germany and not in other countries? What is the reasoning behind this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was worrying and it was not for nothing. Unfortunately there is no ambient lighting on the central console....

:(

Very sad about this, as it is for 99% a perfect car. This makes me feel like I have paid for something I am not getting, which is a fact.

Will send photos later on.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Really disappointed for you.

I can’t help feel Peugeot are being really mean here. Reports continue to suggest that even higher spec vehicles have lost this feature. The saving with such things really can’t be very much. I’m guessing just to add to the insult, the cut outs are still present on the trim panels either side?

Please enjoy every other respect of your new 3008 though, as it’s a great car.

Don’t forget to post some photos and updates on how it’s all going, elsewhere in the appropriate threads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Really disappointed for you.

I can’t help feel Peugeot are being really mean here. Reports continue to suggest that even higher spec vehicles have lost this feature. The saving with such things really can’t be very much. I’m guessing just to add to the insult, the cut outs are still present on the trim panels either side?

Please enjoy every other respect of your new 3008 though, as it’s a great car.

Don’t forget to post some photos and updates on how it’s all going, elsewhere in the appropriate threads.
Thank you, @bluehdi. Appreciate your thoughts.

Would it be expensive to get it done by the dealer on the console? And I agree, the saving should not be very much.

With the cut outs you mean on both sides where the door handle is, right? If so, yes they are in... only central console is missing unfortunately.

I will share some photos later on. Thanks again!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thank you, @bluehdi. Appreciate your thoughts.

Would it be expensive to get it done by the dealer on the console? And I agree, the saving should not be very much.

With the cut outs you mean on both sides where the door handle is, right? If so, yes they are in... only central console is missing unfortunately.

I will share some photos later on. Thanks again!:thumb:
It depends if the wiring loom is still present and enabled behind the panels. Dealers will not want to get involved in trying to fit it. They will say it can’t be retrospectively fitted. It’s easy to get the part code and price of the part (from Servicebox), but whether it will be possible and will work, is a gamble. As I recall, there is a YouTube video elsewhere on the forum, showing the removal of the whole centre console box, which also shows the stripping of this very trim and unplugging the ambient led light strips.

Check out some of the European forum links I posted and look around on the Internet, as I’ve seen posts asking this very question. If I can find it, I’ll post the link.

My point about the cut outs was not about the doors, but whether the trim on your actual car to the left and right of the centre console (where you have no lighting) still have the gap where the LED lighting should have been fitted?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
No, the central console panels are different, without the cuts. Here in Portugal there are some success in complaining to dealer, as the vehicle is out of spec (they don't update documentation with fitted equipment since 2016, so it works both ways...). They have to replace panels and install the lights, everything else is present - there are ambient lights near the USB port and cup holder.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It depends if the wiring loom is still present and enabled behind the panels. Dealers will not want to get involved in trying to fit it. They will say it can’t be retrospectively fitted. It’s easy to get the part code and price of the part (from Servicebox), but whether it will be possible and will work, is a gamble. As I recall, there is a YouTube video elsewhere on the forum, showing the removal of the whole centre console box, which also shows the stripping of this very trim and unplugging the ambient led light strips.

Check out some of the European forum links I posted and look around on the Internet, as I’ve seen posts asking this very question. If I can find it, I’ll post the link.

My point about the cut outs was not about the doors, but whether the trim on your actual car to the left and right of the centre console (where you have no lighting) still have the gap where the LED lighting should have been fitted?
Thanks, BlueHDI.

I'll be there next week anyway, so I'll take it up with them. I'll let you know the outcomes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, the central console panels are different, without the cuts. Here in Portugal there are some success in complaining to dealer, as the vehicle is out of spec (they don't update documentation with fitted equipment since 2016, so it works both ways...). They have to replace panels and install the lights, everything else is present - there are ambient lights near the USB port and cup holder.
On my car, the cutouts are still there but no Lights. This is so weird. The dealer didn´t know anything about the things what was removed, he said they haven´t got any information at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On my car, the cutouts are still there but no Lights. This is so weird. The dealer didn´t know anything about the things what was removed, he said they haven´t got any information at all.
Yeah, same here. I managed to get the lights in at the console (beneath that thing), but not on the doors below. Sadness.

Makes me almost hate Peugeot. You advertise X and give me Y. Why?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, same here. I managed to get the lights in at the console (beneath that thing), but not on the doors below. Sadness.

Makes me almost hate Peugeot. You advertise X and give me Y. Why?
I thought that the LED stripes in the driver and passenger doors were there on all models.

I don't know how new your car is and if you have driven it at the evening or night. The blue ambient light is switched on when the car is in "night mode". In daylight, when driving with DRL's, the lights are not on (except the LED line below the i-Cockpit, if you have that turned on).
And one other thing to check - you can set the brightness of the ambient lighting. Maybe yours is turned down for some reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought that the LED stripes in the driver and passenger doors were there on all models.

I don't know how new your car is and if you have driven it at the evening or night. The blue ambient light is switched on when the car is in "night mode". In daylight, when driving with DRL's, the lights are not on (except the LED line below the i-Cockpit, if you have that turned on).
And one other thing to check - you can set the brightness of the ambient lighting. Maybe yours is turned down for some reason.
They should be on all models, the ones missing are on the middle console, the one with the gearleaver. It should be right to your right calf if you sit on the left and vice versa.

In my opinion its the least noticable one, since your leg will probably be in the way. So i am not that bummed out about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Nope, maybe I mentioned the wrong thing. They are on the top of the door, but they are not in the spaces below the door.

·
Registered
297 Posts
For those of us with no lighting in our centre consoles, I've noticed a new bit of bling we can stick in those blank panels!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have to laugh at this. Looks like its just a decorative thing that fills the gap.

Aliexpress sells items that fit in every spare space in our cars!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.