Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI Petrol 2008 74,000 miles
When cold car don't smoke but once warm it blue smoke comes out of exhaust at random times especially when driving in first gear when I stop then pull away. Coolant is fine never drops and engine temp is always fine. Tried a full service but no difference. Engine management light is on FAULTY ANTI-POLLUTION
any ideas anyone.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi, needs to be on pp2000 or diagbox for your anti pollution fault message as this could be the cause of your smoking engine, i know sounds daft but believe me i know i have had trouble with anti pollution fault myself and peugeot dealers told me "it could be one of a million things".
find someone with pp2000 close to where you live and get it checked.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You've mentioned coolant level and temperature, but coolant leaking into the engine causes white smoke, not blue.

Blue smoke is usually oil being burned - or a really bad fuel/air mixture.

So, the anti pollution fault could be indicative of the cause (something breaking down when hot and causing bad mixture, as kinda suggested by maully407), or it could be oil getting burned and affecting exhaust readings and throwing a fault.

I'm a fan of old-school diagnostics (looking...) but in this case a trip to the computer would be the first step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you both I will get it booked in. I will update you once it's been diagnosed. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts