Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know there a sticky regarding broken heater/blower, just wanna see off hand if it could be that prob without taking everything apart.

whats happened is, Battery died up a family members changed the battery from my brothers cars over to mine started it, then while the car was running off the altenator quickly changed the batteries bk over to get me home.

didnt use the heater for a few days then found out it wasnt working, the window heater,circulation and AC buttons light up, but nothing from the fan controller at all

Checked Fuse 18 (40amp) fuse had slight tarnishing to the upper side of it, but didnt look like it had blown

Anyone any thoughts on the matter:D

Thanks in advance

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know you were stuck but its not a good idea to remove the battery with the car running. The battery stabilises the system and the alternator can spike and blow things up. These cars especially, there is even a procedure to follow for removing the battery with the ignition switched off.

I can't point you towards a solution tbh though it certainly sounds like you've fried something. Is anything else acting up? Have you tried all other electrics? Tried a bsi reset?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing else is acting up went through everything earlier, everything bar the blower working fine :/ whats a bsi reset?

thanks for the reply by the way :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right I think I've done the BSI reset correctly, and no change...but something I did notice this time was

when you press Aircon and then turn on the blower you can hear the air con trying to work (no fans) and also you can hear the motors go when you circulation button and the relay for the rear screen heater is working also....

also would a diagnostics reset make any difference?

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could check for voltage at the blower resistor if you have a multimeter...

Turn on ignition, press recirc button on heater control panel, a little flap opens up over pedals in drivers footwell, reach in the hole that opens up and grab the blower resistor, twist and pull it down with the wiring, take the connector off the resistor and test for voltage from where the thick red wire goes into the connector to ground.

If you get voltage here the resistor has likely given up, they're about €15 on ebay.

This is the connector.

This is the resistor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts