Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New User so bare with me. I own a 52 Plated 2002 206 1.4HDI. Blower has stopped working. I have removed the motor and blown out the brushes. Also checked voltage reading with meter on the power connection and reads 14.5V in all positions of the front panel switch. Replaced the blower with a new unit with no success. I would'nt have thought it was the thermistor stack as would have expected it to work in one position on the switch.
Any advise or suggestions greatly appreciated. Slowly going mad as the winter approaches.....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Steve007 said:
Hi All,

New User so bare with me. I own a 52 Plated 2002 206 1.4HDI. Blower has stopped working. I have removed the motor and blown out the brushes. Also checked voltage reading with meter on the power connection and reads 14.5V in all positions of the front panel switch. Replaced the blower with a new unit with no success. I would'nt have thought it was the thermistor stack as would have expected it to work in one position on the switch.
Any advise or suggestions greatly appreciated. Slowly going mad as the winter approaches.....:)
Possibly its the resistor. Does your car have A/C?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Moose

Yes the car has A/C. By the resistor do you mean the Rheostat mounted in the ducting behind the Dash.....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Steve007 said:
Hello Moose

Yes the car has A/C. By the resistor do you mean the Rheostat mounted in the ducting behind the Dash.....:)
Yes,sorry should have made it a bit clearer.Has been known to fail,occasionally the wiring loom can need replacing as well. The parts are not expensive.around the £35 mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Moose

Sorry, Just one more question. The wiring loom you mentioned. Is that the main loom is is there another smaller loom associated with the BLower speed switch, Rheostat and Motor. Also the 35 quid you mentioned, is this for the Rheostat or both Rheostat and loom. Not easy to fit either I bet.....
Thanks once again for your help. One hopes others are benifiting from my misfortune and your helpful responses...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Steve007 said:
Hello Moose

Sorry, Just one more question. The wiring loom you mentioned. Is that the main loom is is there another smaller loom associated with the BLower speed switch, Rheostat and Motor. Also the 35 quid you mentioned, is this for the Rheostat or both Rheostat and loom. Not easy to fit either I bet.....
Thanks once again for your help. One hopes others are benifiting from my misfortune and your helpful responses...

Its the main loom.Aprox £35 for resistor
Aprox £35 for the wire loom

this is the good bit Peugeot will hit you for around £600 to fit the 2 parts because they need to remove the dash to do the fit the loom apparently.

The £600 is Labour 8 hour job.

Find a good independant or have a go at it yourself if you feel confident enough.

hopefully you will be lucky it may just be the resistor more often than not it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread but if its the brushes in the heater motor that are worn then they are available on ebay.

I fitted a set in my car and the blower has been working fine since.

(the blower had previously had a mind of its own and then gave up the ghost altogether)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top