Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea where i can get one from or is it main dealer only mine seems to be burned near the resistor

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyway of gaining better access or could i put on one of those wiring blocks and extend the loom with some new wiring

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just rang peugeot new loom is £50 think i might just replace it i do 20k mpa so will be wort it in the long run

·
11,731 Posts
Yeah, if I recall its not a long loom wire and is a fairly reasonable price over a botch bypass, especially if there's plenty of life left in the car.

Although I've never heard of any fires caused by the bypass, it wouldn't be nice for an insurer to refuse a payout if anything bad happened and they knew of this mod.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it difficult to do i.e do i need to have hands the size of a hobbit to reach the areas or is it pretty straight forward to replace the loom

·
11,731 Posts
I struggled to just get the resistor pack out with my big hands, so yes, employ a small child with long arms to do the work!

I'm not sure if its worth removing the stereo and heater front panel as well to help route the cable, or at least give you some light and view?

·
5,672 Posts
I cut the plug off and soldered cables direct to new resistor pack.

To get room remove glove box and disconnect heater blower leads, Tie a length of string to cables, remove lower dash cover under steering wheel remove resistor pack as normal, with the heater cables disconnected there is enough slack to pull harness out from above heater (or possibly via recirc flap) and down side of heater for access with cutters and soldering iron.

solder on cables and refit resistor pack, pull cables back via string and reconnect to heater blower, refit glove box and lower trim

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New loom fitted in the end, wasnt too difficult just a nuisance trying to get the power wires fed back into the blower motor and surprisingly the loom is cheapest at a main dealers thats a first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts