Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am in the process of purchasing a plug-in computer tuner, which sits along side the stock computer of the Peugeot 207 GTI.

From what I understand, these mods work by providing a lot more boost without changing the majority of the engine settings. Only two or 3 sensors are tapped into by the mod.

The one I am going to be getting quotes a BHP increase of 50, although I accept there will be some variance from these optimal figures.

I was thinking of getting a blow off valve to avoid turbo damage given the significantly higher boost levels.

I fancied an atmospheric vent valve for the sound, but I heard these can cause stalling when you have a stock computer.

I was wondering whether anyone had any opinions on this?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
honest opinion..... DONT !!!!

you cant just plug that in and get extra 50bhp give or take, 1st of all the stock intercooler wont take it, the standard BOV certainly wont take it, standard exhaust is restrictive, that's all after the fact these cars are not set by boost, they are torque targeted!!

to get that sort of extra power, and safely, the fuel, timing, spark advance all have to be adjusted along with various other maps in the ecu.

don't know where u heard about the forge uprated bovs causing stalling on stock computer, we all run stock ECU's and never once had problem with forge uprated bov's. If its the small 60 quid bov, that just makes extra noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts